COUPLE OF BUCKS

Me and my mate had a look out to look for a buck , on arrival at the ground we saw a mature buck chasing a juvenile off his territory . The mature buck was stomping back to the wood from his victory , I gave him a shout and my mate bagged him with a neck shot at 150 yards. The youngster was still watching in the next field so I took my mates rifle and fired, the buck took a couple of steps forward and just stood , my mate called me hopeless . " Youve missed " he said " give me the rifle " anyway after about 30 seconds the buck fell over dead.

On gralloching the beast , which I shot at 230 yards ( with rangefinder ) the bullet had entered the lungs , couldnt believe the buck stayed on his feet so long ...........

post-29-1207241649.jpg

post-29-1207241670.jpg

Well done Mark you would have knowen by the beast it was hit though i take it mate & all was well. Iv had a mate under wing trying to get him but im out myself in the morning on my north ground as the farmer was it me tonight to shoot 1.

Nice shooting foxy :clapper:

i see your still not getting any prettier!!! hehehehehe

seriously, nice one

im just jealous coz i havent been out yet!!!! bobbing bout the north sea on this floating rust bucket getting thrown bout all over the shop weatheris sh*te!

hopefully back start o next week, and ill tie in with v-max see what his plans are

good start to this season foxy

sauer

:tongue2: