Plummer terriers

:thumbs:

i know Moo digs to his little plummer bitch alot, think she had nearly 80 digs last season. hes just put Teflons non stick irish staff over her to get some good hard digging dogs.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Shes no bad little ratter either.....I think him and Alimac are starting there own line. :thumbs:

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

Glenn if you read back through you will see that I have asked two questions and both seem to have been ignored...?

One was are you saying that Vandal wasn't a Plummer?

And the other was how many foxes have YOU taken in the last season with YOUR terriers?

Thanks

Sorry to have missed this one but not ignored, wondered what bill was on about my sincere apologies, mark.

Vandal, was he a Plummer with 28% vampire blood a halfbred jrt.? Plummer.. he and others then for PR purposes was named plummer terriers as were so many but they were not true breeding enough to be called a breed...others bred more true as well...but then when you consider vandals pedigree, how could they have been when the fathers sire was crossbred and the rest of the pedigree mongrelized. Offspirng from vandal sometimes resembled other breeds a sign of homozygosity . AS DID MANY ..AS I SADI BEFORE THEY WERE INGREDIENTS ...Brian himself bred variables by the dozen due to homozygosity I had one .

Name me any of Brians dogs ever that have no other breed blood in them for more than 4 generations ..you will find none.

His famous vampire halfbred 50% jrt minimum

Omega 37% jrt

One of the last dogs he bred nailer over 28% jrt numerous jrt and fells in just 4 generations .

As for Fox work none no need foxes dont take my fish.the water must be to cold for them,or snorkels interfere with there senses lol.

Would be nice to have some local foxes to play with but to tell you the truth they aren't numerous enough here due to keepers and digging foxes and taken piccys of the reults is a sad macho thing i grew out of.

If i encounter one then great (prefer hunting the rat and used to love mink hunting with my pack but thats illegal now !! :sick: )but seeking out earths on a wet sunday morning digging great big holes in the ground to see me terrier working a fox not really my scene anymore as i said before bin there done that in my youth. Prefer others who work there dogs to prove my lines instincts.

There's no art to fox work had terriers at hunt service and with loners who give me feed back..and as stated before have had a recent report my x stud now a pet lost to ground on foxy loxy. Infact his son tylos was to ground for 2 hours at a fox. The lad dug him out and gave the fox best. Good enough for me the dog though bred from many none earth dogs did what he thought was right...nearly cost the lad his dog mind but thats a different story. And in true irish fashion promtly lined his patterdale with him !!

Glenn if you read back through you will see that I have asked two questions and both seem to have been ignored...?

And the other was how many foxes have YOU taken in the last season with YOUR terriers?

Thanks

Sorry to have missed this one but not ignored, wondered what bill was on about my sincere apologies, mark.

Vandal, was he a Plummer with 28% vampire blood a halfbred jrt.? Plummer.. he and others then for PR purposes was named plummer terriers as were so many but they were not true breeding enough to be called a breed...others bred more true as well...but then when you consider vandals pedigree, how could they have been when the fathers sire was crossbred and the rest of the pedigree mongrelized. Offspirng from vandal sometimes resembled other breeds a sign of homozygosity . AS DID MANY ..AS I SADI BEFORE THEY WERE INGREDIENTS ...Brian himself bred variables by the dozen due to homozygosity I had one .

Name me any of Brians dogs ever that have no other breed blood in them for more than 4 generations ..you will find none.

Omega 37% jrt

One of the last dogs he bred nailer over 28% jrt numerous jrt and fells in just 4 generations .

As for Fox work none no need foxes dont take my fish.the water must be to cold for them,or snorkels interfere with there senses lol.

Would be nice to have some local foxes to play with but to tell you the truth they aren't numerous enough here due to keepers and digging foxes and taken piccys of the reults is a sad macho thing i grew out of.

If i encounter one then great (prefer hunting the rat and used to love mink hunting with my pack but thats illegal now !! :sick: )but seeking out earths on a wet sunday morning digging great big holes in the ground to see me terrier working a fox not really my scene anymore as i said before bin there done that in my youth. Prefer others who work there dogs to prove my lines instincts.

There's no art to fox work had terriers at hunt service and with loners who give me feed back..and as stated before have had a recent report my x stud now a pet lost to ground on foxy loxy. Infact his son tylos was to ground for 2 hours at a fox. The lad dug him out and gave the fox best. Good enough for me the dog though bred from many none earth dogs did what he thought was right...nearly cost the lad his dog mind but thats a different story. And in true irish fashion promtly lined his patterdale with him !!

you say it like youve gone on to better things, chasing rats anyone can do and as for running about on river banks pretending to be a huntsman blowing a tooter (badly) to keep a few expensive jack russells up togther, pull me other one. mink hunting is an art form, just needs to be done properly.

have fun with what your doing but dont drag the true art of the terrier down with your secoundary sports and nonsense ramblings.

So Brian didnt create the Plummer terrier?? When, specifically,did the plummer terrier become the...er...plummer terrier?

welsby/plummer terrier bashing! go on-go for it-the welsby terrier!!! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: you know you want to...... surely not.....not even you........

BTW i think you are getting your homozygous and heterozygous mixed up. :icon_redface:

Not bashing the plummer terrier at all,only you glen but don't cry were only mockin .A little advice though little gems like "there's no art to fox work" don't help your case of being taken seriously,you really couldn't make it up could you? . :notworthy::clapper::clapper:

So Brian didnt create the Plummer terrier?? When, specifically,did the plummer terrier become the...er...plummer terrier?

welsby/plummer terrier bashing! go on-go for it-the welsby terrier!!! :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: you know you want to...... surely not.....not even you........

BTW i think you are getting your homozygous and heterozygous mixed up. :icon_redface:

When did i say brain didnt create it?

But did he create a breed? or start the ball rolling? ... if he had created a breed by the time you and I started then they would have been recognised by the kc ..but he himself new and said they were to varied back then and need a few more generations to bree true.

Enquires on DBps behalf to the Kc by me as sec, confiremd his thoughts ..they wanetd 10 gens of no outcross. He was badly craving recognition for the terriers he had but they were not anywhere near enough. today they are different.

as for wanting the bred name changed to welsby ..nope but we did ask Norma to consider a name change of her choice.

homozygous and heterozygous mixed up yea did your spot on typing to fast as was late for the evening watch. :wallbash:

glen,I won't be drawn into further debate about plummer or" his" dogs,not some wannabe like yourself,I like plummer's as they are intelligent,good biddable dogs in the right hands and of the right size,but it seems you took my comments were said just to jump the long list of film stars and millionaires that are waiting for a famous "welsby" terrier,you need to get a grip,I did'nt even know who you were till I joined this site,the only guys I knew that bred plummer's that worked or otherwise were curtis price and my mate Andy in rhyl,I know Andy had some mates in south wales that worked them too but never got to know them,it was an honest comment made to help further the breed,ratting is fun but not proper work for a terrier,my wifes cat could kill a rat,it is through the average lad on the street that working renown is gained,there are a lot more people working fox than mink or rats,I don't understand the market you are aiming these dogs at?I understand the need to keep a register of the breeding for KC registration but correct me if I'm wrong plummer wanted this breed to gain hunt certification as well,a dog for all occassions,that means hard worked dogs in the right homes,if you consider yourself the one to carry this breed to forward then along with that comes the responsibility of selecting the right working homes,from what Ive read on here and other sites most people buying this breed now are either first timer's or women,not a very clever way forward?certainly not for someone with the future of the breed in mind,why alienate yourself from people that can help you forward with your task by cricising lifestyles and personal choices of obviously decent terriermen,I know this will fall on deaf ears,you are not unlike brian plummer in your ways and attitude to people,maybe his cottage on the edge of the world is still available and you could live happy ever after in your own little world,wirralman

Thanks

Omega 37% jrt

you say it like youve gone on to better things, chasing rats anyone can do and as for running about on river banks pretending to be a huntsman blowing a tooter (badly) to keep a few expensive jack russells up togther, pull me other one. mink hunting is an art form, just needs to be done properly.

have fun with what your doing but dont drag the true art of the terrier down with your secoundary sports and nonsense ramblings.

"gone on to better things" not really just prefer to see my terrier use there noses,, this is why i hunt with my local beagle pack. Running about on the river bank my tooter ..oh you are rude ..nope again im not double jointed. :tongue2:

Wheres the sceinec and art in watching an instincitive dog do its work ..its natural to chase and worry prey ..art form get out... control of a pack is skillfull but letting a terrier off the lead near a hole stinking of fox and digging to the noise is art ..dont make me laf ..cave men did it ..and as you see the above picture of stig of the dump above we aint gone to far. :doh:

I have had my moments with my pack some real good long runs at mink and have treed many ...killed a few and lost a few ..whatched upteen youngsters come on and learn and seen some fantastic noses working .

Secondary sport lol..IN YOUR VIEW. which we are all forced to belive is only the correct form of terrier work.Some peolpe like a bit of variety wheres the harm in that?

glen,I won't be drawn into further debate about plummer or" his" dogs,not some wannabe like yourself,I like plummer's as they are intelligent,good biddable dogs in the right hands and of the right size,but it seems you took my comments were said just to jump the long list of film stars and millionaires that are waiting for a famous "welsby" terrier,you need to get a grip,I did'nt even know who you were till I joined this site,the only guys I knew that bred plummer's that worked or otherwise were curtis price and my mate Andy in rhyl,I know Andy had some mates in south wales that worked them too but never got to know them,it was an honest comment made to help further the breed,ratting is fun but not proper work for a terrier,my wifes cat could kill a rat,it is through the average lad on the street that working renown is gained,there are a lot more people working fox than mink or rats,I don't understand the market you are aiming these dogs at?I understand the need to keep a register of the breeding for KC registration but correct me if I'm wrong plummer wanted this breed to gain hunt certification as well,a dog for all occassions,that means hard worked dogs in the right homes,if you consider yourself the one to carry this breed to forward then along with that comes the responsibility of selecting the right working homes,from what Ive read on here and other sites most people buying this breed now are either first timer's or women,not a very clever way forward?certainly not for someone with the future of the breed in mind,why alienate yourself from people that can help you forward with your task by cricising lifestyles and personal choices of obviously decent terriermen,I know this will fall on deaf ears,you are not unlike brian plummer in your ways and attitude to people,maybe his cottage on the edge of the world is still available and you could live happy ever after in your own little world,wirralman

Glad i didnt take up your unbiased offer..as for not being drawn into a debate then i suggest you stop now, as i will defend what i think is right from wrong.

Your assumptions and mocking of me says it all, "wannbee " wannbee what? Welsby terrier? assumptions . "get a grip"

ratting is for fun "not proper terier work"..in your own mind that is.

"THROUGH THE AVERAGE MAN ON THE STREET THAT WORKING RENOWN IS GAINED." is it really i thought perhaps selling to the duke of westminsiter might be a good step forward derr.

WHO DO YOU THINK MY TERRIERS GO TO ? Why do I have a waiting list and have done for years? Why is my advert in cw every week for years ?

And you say you dont know me, and dont know the market im aiming at!! yet you asume that I as you said " consider yourself the one to carry this breed to forward" said who? assumptions again

"from what Ive read on here and other sites most people buying this breed now are either first timer's or women,"... SO WHAT?

So lets recap... you didnt know of me till you joined this site you only new 2 peolpe who worked the breed yet, you seem to want to tell me how to market my terriers (after i have succeffully done so for 20 odd years)_)and how Im responasble for the future of the breed ..and who are you ? you are the person who wants a nother plummer terrier cheap of course .

Thanks

Omega 37% jrt

"gone on to better things" not really just prefer to see my terrier use there noses,, this is why i hunt with my local beagle pack. Running about on the river bank my tooter ..oh you are rude ..nope again im not double jointed. :tongue2:

Wheres the sceinec and art in watching an instincitive dog do its work ..its natural to chase and worry prey ..art form get out... control of a pack is skillfull but letting a terrier off the lead near a hole stinking of fox and digging to the noise is art ..dont make me laf ..cave men did it ..and as you see the above picture of stig of the dump above we aint gone to far. :doh:

I have had my moments with my pack some real good long runs at mink and have treed many ...killed a few and lost a few ..whatched upteen youngsters come on and learn and seen some fantastic noses working .

Secondary sport lol..IN YOUR VIEW. which we are all forced to belive is only the correct form of terrier work.Some peolpe like a bit of variety wheres the harm in that?

ok then, staright up offer, i will bring my dogs to hunt your rats and mink, perhpas i will tree a few, retrive a few and loose a few and no doubt will have fun trying. (i did terrier work for a mink pack for several seaosn so know the criac) and you can bring your dogs somwhere on permission and work some foxes. 3 independant judges of work, style and just for you artistic flair.

i think we would soon find which is the better sport.

incidently i know ALOT of hunt terriermen and only once have i heard of one having a plummer (which he liked), i do not doubt your claims as i dont know them all but in terms of a claim to fame and to add prestigue to your dogs... laughable.

ive seen a video of you hunting mink with your pack....... best i leave it there and hope your better on the foxes. :victory: