Plummer terriers

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

always liked the look of the plummer. smart dogs. wouldnt suit me though!

why,too noisy?

ive already got dogs for bushing (8yr parson type + hound x jrt pup for next year to assist + eventually replace the old bitch) and prefer patts for going to ground. dont have enough work for plummers round here,

why,too noisy?

ive already got dogs for bushing (8yr parson type + hound x jrt pup for next year to assist + eventually replace the old bitch) and prefer patts for going to ground. dont have enough work for plummers round here,

what is it beagle/jrt or some other kind of hound? i had them when i was a young fellow-good old bushing dogs-last one died only last year-mine wouldnt go to ground although littermates and cousins of the same breeding did..>I have a theory on plummers that are afraid of the dark-maybe its the backbreeding from the beagle in them coming through-although he was supposedly a great earth dog ,he was probably a sport amongst his line(maybe his brothers,sisters,parents etc. had no such instincts) and by breeding from dogs of only his colour plummer breeders might be getting other unwanted genes along with the colour.

why,too noisy?

what is it beagle/jrt or some other kind of hound? i had them when i was a young fellow-good old bushing dogs-last one died only last year-mine wouldnt go to ground although littermates and cousins of the same breeding did..>I have a theory on plummers that are afraid of the dark-maybe its the backbreeding from the beagle in them coming through-although he was supposedly a great earth dog ,he was probably a sport amongst his line(maybe his brothers,sisters,parents etc. had no such instincts) and by breeding from dogs of only his colour plummer breeders might be getting other unwanted genes along with the colour.

its a pure mystery what hound is in him, he has the shorter legs and body shape of the jrt (not parson type) but has black + tan + white markingsand speckled legs , a head on him similar to a beagle but not quite.

he was out of a mates mini jrt bitch that went missing from his backyard + when located again was in pup, but only had 1 live pup. im gonna have to look around and see if any other small hound breed fits the profile.