Plummer terriers

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..mmmmm well done !    You mentioned you "I actually had one myself" I presume this was red as my records say you only had red born 96 ..or did you re-invest?     Lol Glenn you love all this do

Thought you might be interested in this Jack, if you enjoyed the book,   This is a son of Omega's, a dog called Blue, he died in 1996 but was about 4 yrs old in this pic  

thanks.

Posted Images

pups looking well pointer as is the old en. :thumbs: my bitch is on the big side but gets one or two. i thought she was going to be an out an out bayer but she got stuck in on the last one :icon_eek: will have to see how she goes next season. my young bitch amber is showing a little promise so fingers crossed :clapper: if the plummer is registered. the rest will still be plummers just unregistered.working stuff. same as for instance. the working lakeland(fell) and the KC laky. i know which i would prefare. the sooner there is a clear divide the better. as for EPTR. :thumbdown: folk like that do more damage to the breed than any crossbred . i like the plummer as a type of terrier. and dont care for folk that talk down to others. get out and work your dogs and seek like minded folk. and fkuk the rest. eptr on here is on a soapbox preaching to people that dont care for his ideals. tells a story.

good luck to anyone working there plummers in the coming season. whatever they work. redgistered or not registered. there is only one way to find the real value of a dog and thats in the field :thumbs:

Dont make me laugh spadey you love the gossip that why you keep thipin in .. :clapper: "Type" of terrier..plum would love you lol

Glen again you seek a little attention out of nothing by saying we do our best,bushing for rabbits or giving them a mink once in a while from a trap ain't work in the true sence and what was ment was earthworking plummers,something you freely admit to not doing so why you here on a working plummer thread? :hmm: .

Work in the true sense :clapper: bin there done that and also had dogs in service all whilist you were slumbering about under a hedge bottom looking for hedghogs to cook in your mulitcoloured van..next!

Thought you would have done better than that glen,bit disapointed to be honest :( .Still appendix op just about healed now so i can get out again and find my sport else where as it's got a bit boring here.But one thing though glen,you being a water baliff does suit you as you do provide a bite with every cast we make :thumbs::laugh: .

Very nice looking pup indeed Pointer :clapper: .

Well said Shiney shovel :yes: (you will have folks saying otherwise about the plummer but as with those other breeds,the proof is in the pudding!).

I've read through most of this thread trying to stay impartial and after much thought would like to issue you all an easy way to put your money where your mouth is,this includes you glen,if you can breed a bitch for me that you think will make under 13" thats easilly spannable,I will fully test and take pics etc of its developement,I don't expect it to be free and will pay a reasonable price,I have had 2 early plummer types given to me by plummer himself 1981ish,these were small headed dogs that only wieghed about 8lbs each,they were good little yapper's and bolter's,not digging dogs,could fly around the earths but would only stay for 20mins or so,but I always had stronger proper digging dogs for anything stubborn,I currently have a plummer dog that was never registered by the lad who bred him as it wasn't a sanctioned mating (father/daughter) that is 12" and about 12"long,wieghing around 12lb,he has been a great little dog and well worked by me on a daily basis,he has accounted for a lot of foxes above and below ground,he is biddable and intelligent for a terrier but is starting to get very tired,I've been looking to find a small replacement for when it gets too much for him and would like a bitch plummer,so this is your chance to prove your credibility as a working dog breeder,I have no axe to grind with anyone on this thread but I am giving you the opportunity to prove your stock works the way every terrier should,I have a lot of permission and my dogs are worked everyday in some form of pest control,so there you have it,a win,win situation for everyone,me and you,by the way I've looked at loads of big barrell chested plummer dogs and bitches to buy that would never get to ground in the area's I hunt,it must be of small potential,atb,wirralman

i only have two bitches. one is working but is on the big side. the other is small and off a small worker i wouldnt breed a litter to prove a point but if she makes the grade and i breed off her your welcome to a pup :thumbs:

post-2078-127585273893_thumb.jpg

i only have two bitches. one is working but is on the big side. the other is small and off a small worker i wouldnt breed a litter to prove a point but if she makes the grade and i breed off her your welcome to a pup thumbs.gif

post-2078-127585273893_thumb.jpg

just back in from last walk to read some kind offer's and replies,Cleanspade I'll take you up on that offer if ever you breed her,thanks,wirralman