JUST GOT IN FROM LAMPING

Just got in couldnt help myself with the weather being good. Took blue my 8 month old bull whip grey pup, after getting him fit for the last 2 weeks i decided now was a good time to try his first night out with the lamp.

There was loads of rabbitts on the 2 fields i visited but picked out the one in the middle that was squatting. Walked up with the lamp left on got to within 15 yards ish, slipped blue who went steadily up the beam untill the moment id been waiting for happened. Blue was fast on his white tail and got hedge side of it just matching it for speed and running along side it just waiting. The rabbitt turned into his path and BANG result!!!

"Over the moon" he didnt retrieve but i will work on that. Lead on and came home, keeping him winning.

Just thought id share my joy with you all.

Yours in sport.

Stan.

PS sorry no pics tonight will get some next time.

post-11516-1204323464_thumb.jpg

Just got in couldnt help myself with the weather being good. Took blue my 8 month old bull whip grey pup, after getting him fit for the last 2 weeks i decided now was a good time to try his first night out with the lamp.

There was loads of rabbitts on the 2 fields i visited but picked out the one in the middle that was squatting. Walked up with the lamp left on got to within 15 yards ish, slipped blue who went steadily up the beam untill the moment id been waiting for happened. Blue was fast on his white tail and got hedge side of it just matching it for speed and running along side it just waiting. The rabbitt turned into his path and BANG result!!!

"Over the moon" he didnt retrieve but i will work on that. Lead on and came home, keeping him winning.

Yours in sport.

Stan.

Well done your dog ,nothing beats that first one!,mine [8 months too],caught the other day in some rough,took him out tonight 5 runs caught none!,ran them ok but needs to use his gob,,hopefully he has learned a bit ,need to get him on some rough ground to give him a good chance ,glad your dog has cleared its first hurdle ,all the best with him!Inan.

Yours in sport.

Stan.

Nice one mate, mine caught her first a couple of week ago. Theres nothing to beat it! :toast: she has been on fire ever since until last night, she missed everything and seems tohave forgotten everything she has just learnt :doh: i hope it was just an off day and we'll have better luck next time. Still, good just to be out though :thumbs: