my falcon raptor

duck

whats the falcon like im looking at one soon ???

good shot [bANNED TEXT]

falcons to me are one of the best guns i've tried to date but of course others on this forum will disagree everyone has their own opinion, if you can try before you buy try a falcon fn19 raptor multi shot believe me it's one of the best guns you can try i swear by it, only you can decide it also depends on the pellet you try aswell

hope this helps mate

What ever tickles your fancy.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

went out this morining with a mate and what a morning the first shot at a rabbit head shot and believe it or not it was from 70 yards if my mate wasn't there i don't think anyone would believe me, i bought my gun a few weeks ago it's a falcon fn19 raptor - using powapells pellets it's the best gun i've had so far and i've had a few will not be changing this one, anyway thought i'd share my shot with you if you have any good shots why not share them, soz lads couldn't send you the pic it's to big

Well duck,that is either a brave or stupid post, :hmm: or maybe both. ;) Because you have not said otherwise I assume you are talking about sub 12ft/lb. :blink: In which case you should not be taking a shot at anything 70 yards away. :no:

But you did, :doh: and you got lucky. :(

Out of interest how high did you have to aim to pull of this amazing feat. :hmm:

By my calculations Tote, a medium weight .22 pellet fired from a sub 12ftlb gun would have dropped about 3 feet at 70 yds.if it was a .177 it would have still dropped about 22 inches.I cant be precise as my software only shows pellet drop to 50yds for sub 12ftlb :whistling: thats some amount of hold over to hit a kill zone the size of a 10p. :whistling:

went out this morining with a mate and what a morning the first shot at a rabbit head shot and believe it or not it was from 70 yards if my mate wasn't there i don't think anyone would believe me, i bought my gun a few weeks ago it's a falcon fn19 raptor - using powapells pellets it's the best gun i've had so far and i've had a few will not be changing this one, anyway thought i'd share my shot with you if you have any good shots why not share them, soz lads couldn't send you the pic it's to big

Well duck,that is either a brave or stupid post, :hmm: or maybe both. ;) Because you have not said otherwise I assume you are talking about sub 12ft/lb. :blink: In which case you should not be taking a shot at anything 70 yards away. :no:

Out of interest how high did you have to aim to pull of this amazing feat. :hmm:

By my calculations Tote, a medium weight .22 pellet fired from a sub 12ftlb gun would have dropped about 3 feet at 70 yds.if it was a .177 it would have still dropped about 22 inches.I cant be precise as my software only shows pellet drop to 50yds for sub 12ftlb :whistling: thats some amount of hold over to hit a kill zone the size of a 10p. :whistling:

Thanks Bill,that's exactly what I was on about.How do you aim 22" above a rabbits head :hmm:

Short legs might indeed be the answer maltenby. :laugh:

yes i think it was luck but the thing is i aimed hoping i'd scare it but instead i hit the rabbit in the head i aimed 3 dots higher i knew i would get some posts on this but not like this you had to be there to see it mate :big_boss:

Trust you lot to get all technical! :tongue2: Maybe the lad's got very short legs........... :laugh:

no mate i'm long leg at 6'4" :boxing: it could be possible that the gun is over 12ft.lbs i don't know but what ever anyone says i shot thabbit at 70 yds YES long legged :wallbash::wallbash::feck:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a falcon fn19 and would agree its a cracking rifle. I have mine chrono'd at 11.4ft/Lb and i feel guilty at the rabbits that are out a 45yrds that i have thought are closer that are hit and wounded by my lack of judgment and shooting ability.

I use chairgun2 to check out which pellets will be best for me at different ranges and, my personal OPINIONis that a 70 yrd shot isnt viable, humane, or even realistic. Sorry to be blunt but its my opinion!

Using chairgun2 with 11.4ft/lbs air rifle, zero'd to 35 yrds these are the stats using an Air Arms Field .22 15.900 grain pellet..

@ 70yrds:

drop = 32.03 inches

energy (ft/lb) = 6.59

velocity (fps) = 432

i think a lot of people would agree that that is the limit for velocity to kill a rabbit out right. Im not even going to get started on windage as even a 5mph wind from the right is going to make a difference in you POI of nearly 3 inches. So that was some blody good shooting...3 dots higher? not too sure about that either. with my scope, 70yrds is nearly 6 dots... but then thats with a sensible zero at my average killing range of 35yrds...

I suppose what im trying to say is that with the weapon, ballistics and general experience, i wouldnt say it was possible.

But, there is such thing as luck, and if you did manage to place a .22 pellet in a 1inch kill zone at 70yrds then you should 1. not do it again and 2. take up target shooting as you are good!

with a .17hmr or similar rifle i would accept this as a normal nights shot...but seeing as i own a Falcon FN19 Raptor myself, at the same power as yours, i presume, i am going to say my opinion is that i dont quite believe this is truth.

Happy Shooting,

.Joe

Guest bigredbusa

wow i wonder how many people have taken an impossable shot . I PUT MY HANDS UP !! I HAVE and have fluked some kills .

he has said it was a fluke so why give him a hard time and start coming out with all this paper puching crap . it's a hunting forum , paper punching is for the nice boys over at bbs :)

how big are your yrds.............. :D

as previouusly stated, i was with a mate who took a hare at45 yrs with his s200.............. we both agreed it was luck.!

Dont think so i regulary shoot heads shots 40 -45 yard wwe all miss but i can assure you they die all my shooting is humane. :thumbs:

I have a falcon fn19 and would agree its a cracking rifle. I have mine chrono'd at 11.4ft/Lb and i feel guilty at the rabbits that are out a 45yrds that i have thought are closer that are hit and wounded by my lack of judgment and shooting ability.

I use chairgun2 to check out which pellets will be best for me at different ranges and, my personal OPINIONis that a 70 yrd shot isnt viable, humane, or even realistic. Sorry to be blunt but its my opinion!

Using chairgun2 with 11.4ft/lbs air rifle, zero'd to 35 yrds these are the stats using an Air Arms Field .22 15.900 grain pellet..

@ 70yrds:

drop = 32.03 inches

energy (ft/lb) = 6.59

velocity (fps) = 432

i think a lot of people would agree that that is the limit for velocity to kill a rabbit out right. Im not even going to get started on windage as even a 5mph wind from the right is going to make a difference in you POI of nearly 3 inches. So that was some blody good shooting...3 dots higher? not too sure about that either. with my scope, 70yrds is nearly 6 dots... but then thats with a sensible zero at my average killing range of 35yrds...

I suppose what im trying to say is that with the weapon, ballistics and general experience, i wouldnt say it was possible.

But, there is such thing as luck, and if you did manage to place a .22 pellet in a 1inch kill zone at 70yrds then you should 1. not do it again and 2. take up target shooting as you are good!

with a .17hmr or similar rifle i would accept this as a normal nights shot...but seeing as i own a Falcon FN19 Raptor myself, at the same power as yours, i presume, i am going to say my opinion is that i dont quite believe this is truth.

Happy Shooting,

.Joe

Agree with most of what you said, but the kill zone on a rabbit is bigger than 1 inch..... Let's all not get too anal on here guys. That's what Airgun BBS is for! :whistling: As bigred said, this is a hunting website. :thumbs:

so just cause its a hunting forum, does it mean that its acceptable to be taking shots at ranges that wont deliver a humane kill with the right weapon?

i put the "paper punching" stats. up so maybe we could see that it was never going to be a sensible, sure, humane kill..i was under the impression that the correct hunting/shooting view was that unless you are sure of a humane kill it wasnt right to take the shot?

sorry for giving my opinion on my respect for quarry and preparation that i take to achieve this.

Its things like this that give people ammunition to start having a go at shooting in general and im one to back shooting as far as i can. I was only trying to help and with statements like "i was shooting at it to scare it but ended up getting it in the head" i thought it was needed...

Im off now to scare a fox by shooting at it with my air rifle....

Once again, its only my OPINION and i dont think much of responses that try to say its wrong and that im having a go...

so just cause its a hunting forum, does it mean that its acceptable to be taking shots at ranges that wont deliver a humane kill with the right weapon?

i put the "paper punching" stats. up so maybe we could see that it was never going to be a sensible, sure, humane kill..i was under the impression that the correct hunting/shooting view was that unless you are sure of a humane kill it wasnt right to take the shot?

sorry for giving my opinion on my respect for quarry and preparation that i take to achieve this.

Its things like this that give people ammunition to start having a go at shooting in general and im one to back shooting as far as i can. I was only trying to help and with statements like "i was shooting at it to scare it but ended up getting it in the head" i thought it was needed...

Im off now to scare a fox by shooting at it with my air rifle....

Once again, its only my OPINION and i dont think much of responses that try to say its wrong and that im having a go...

If that was directed at me, take another look at my reply. I said I agree with you.

I don't bother with all the statistical crap that some others do, but then, that's up to them. I know what kind of ranges I'm capable of cleanly killing at, purely from experience. I do shoot paper targets now & again to keep my eye in & to keep my scope zeroed.

You say you're concerned for your sport, but how does it help your sport to openly post what a fellow shooter shouldn't be doing? Most people wanting the sport banned, know or care little about ranges, clean kills, pellet drop, etc. If anything, it's you who are dishing the ammo out for people to have a go at us by highlighting lack of common sense/knowledge of a fellow hunter on a public forum.