Incest kits - bro and sis

well i have got another cage, for the hob..... i have the time, i have had a few deposits for kits when born, i am keeping 2 of them....

and i have still got a whil to research anything else i will need....

can u get frozen rabbits from the pet shop for snakes i no u can get mouse and rats, just wondering if u can get rabbits....

ill try and get out ferreting before the kits arrive, but i doubt it because its fustrating...

what else can i fed them other than chicken...

thanks

jazz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i have got another cage, for the hob..... i have the time, i have had a few deposits for kits when born, i am keeping 2 of them....

can u get frozen rabbits from the pet shop for snakes i no u can get mouse and rats, just wondering if u can get rabbits....

ill try and get out ferreting before the kits arrive, but i doubt it because its fustrating...

thanks

jazz

do you know once the matings taken place how long the Jill is pregnant for etc

thanks

jazz

Approximately 42 days, so that's that side of it taken care of.

jazz, chickens fine, eggs, milk, day old chicks,rabbits, pigeons etc, as a last resort tinned dogmeat or a dry food but better fresh meat.

Breed your ferrets mate, it's not rocket science and you'll cope just as well as the resident experts.

thanks

jazz

jazz, chickens fine, eggs, milk, day old chicks,rabbits, pigeons etc, as a last resort tinned dogmeat or a dry food but better fresh meat.

Breed your ferrets mate, it's not rocket science and you'll cope just as well as the resident experts.

Milk great if you like cleaning up shit :laugh:

thanks

jazz

Milk great if you like cleaning up shit :laugh:

So a drink of milk a day is going to make a difference to the shit corner ?.

of course it will, milk, once a week maybe as a treat to fully grown ferts, but deffo not to young, it will give the diarria, and mum fert will have milk, ferret waste should be semi to solid consistancy, if its loose, its eating too rich :thumbdown:

you'll be saying milk and a little bread next, as that was used years ago, dont mean it was correct

yes ferrets are lactose intollerent , as craftycarper said if you give milk use the cat milk which has had the lactose removed , i have read that ferrets have had the runs even using that so i think very little & maybe even watered down would be advisable

If you want an all round nutritienal meal for youre kits try mixing some eggs with some milk with some sugar and bread crumbs put in microwave will like scrambled egg and the ferrets love it and it gets rid of diarehea or however you spell it.

Hope this helps if you need any more advice on this or other tips pm me.

all the best ollie

cats milk i have been told......

ill try and get rabbits, and then just freeze them if i have to... is this ok?

of course, freezing is ok, what else would you do with 20 plus rabbits after a days ferreting,

after gutting in the field, get them home, cop head and paws off, lets you get more in the freezer, leave the fur on, saves them sticking together once frozen, if you only have a couple of ferts, maybe a better Idea to chop the rabbits into 3 pieces, then take out one piece a day (the day before needed so as to defrost) and feed that way

"If you want an all round nutritienal meal for youre kits try mixing some eggs with some milk with some sugar and bread crumbs put in microwave will like scrambled egg "

just one thing missing in that "all round nutritional meal"(for a carnivore,i might add!) can you tell what it is yet?lol :laugh: