The Starlings are feeding young in the wall of the house two doors down. There was the biggest Bumble in the shed yesterday afternoon. The strange thing is it may feel like spring but the water table is still ridiculously high. If you walk on the grass you sink four inch into the ground, Never seen it this bad but each year it is getting worse. 

Spring is well on. Went up the coast a bit to Dawlish today and as we drove through the town the Black Swans had tiny signets. There are some rape seed fields starting to flower across the Teign valley. Magpies building couldn't get a good picture with my phone.

The Black Thorn is flowering everywhere.

IMG_3543.jpeg.18eb6c8b72316d81e95dc64bae7fa98d.jpeg

Hawthorn has bud burst.

IMG_3545.jpeg.2cac70e2acfebec0c0ec9332e5b5723e.jpeg

Alexanders which I call stink weed flowering and the Bees are loving it. Supposed to be good to eat but the smell put me off.

IMG_3523.jpeg.f07535504ea814298d6b49f7d996acde.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Arry said:

Spring is well on. Went up the coast a bit to Dawlish today and as we drove through the town the Black Swans had tiny signets. There are some rape seed fields starting to flower across the Teign valley. Magpies building couldn't get a good picture with my phone.

Hawthorn has bud burst.

Alexanders which I call stink weed flowering and the Bees are loving it. Supposed to be good to eat but the smell put me off.

Cheers Arry

nice pics arry, by the calendar here it is officially classed as spring today, but in reality we don't plant any veg in the garden until the second week in may, last year we put the runners/carrots etc. in, in the beginning of may and lost the lot with a big frost...it's also hard to prepare the veggy garden before hand as the ground is still frozen, my wife starts things off early in the potting greenhouse to get a head start which has worked out best....   

35 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

nice pics arry, by the calendar here it is officially classed as spring today, but in reality we don't plant any veg in the garden until the second week in may, last year we put the runners/carrots etc. in, in the beginning of may and lost the lot with a big frost...it's also hard to prepare the veggy garden before hand as the ground is still frozen, my wife starts things off early in the potting greenhouse to get a head start which has worked out best....   

Got my Tomato's up and Cucumbers just up Leeks up in the green house and my giant onions I plant in January they are in cells now. Must be hard with Late frosts mate even we can get caught out mind March 19th 2018.

P1190838.jpg.f9a03c7f154a544c7c091cbbd3d02871.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Arry said:

Hawthorn has bud burst.

Cheers Arry

Is that cow parsley Arry? What you call stink weeds?

38 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Is that cow parsley Arry? What you call stink weeds?

No mate it's Alexanders I think maybe know as House Parsley sort after by some foragers. 

Sorry mate was walking on your patch at Dawlish Warren with out permission Lol.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

How to identify Alexanders, Horse Parsley, Smyrnium olusatrum

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

No mate it's Alexanders I think maybe know as House Parsley sort after by some foragers. 

Sorry mate was walking on your patch at Dawlish Warren with out permission Lol.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

How to identify Alexanders, Horse Parsley, Smyrnium olusatrum

Cheers Arry

Cheers mate...

Lol..ger off my land! 

Nice walk out the back along the nature reserve, was there last week... as you know loads of bass on the long spit parallel to Exmouth, we drift along it in the boat, every year a few decent fish but normally not more than 4lb..

• Like 1
13 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Cheers mate...

Lol..ger off my land! 

Nice walk out the back along the nature reserve, was there last week... as you know loads of bass on the long spit parallel to Exmouth, we drift along it in the boat, every year a few decent fish but normally not more than 4lb..

Was walking up the beach mate can't believe how far I used to walk to fish that inside edge of the spit. Lots of bird life. Should have had the metal detector but wifey would have been pissed off lol. Was plaice right on the end back then with a few spent flounders moving back in, place spent as well. place need some May water over their back before they are any good.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Was walking up the beach mate can't believe how far I used to walk to fish that inside edge of the spit. Lots of bird life. Should have had the metal detector but wifey would have been missed off lol. Was plaice right on the end back then with a few spent flounders moving back in, place spent as well. place need some May water over their back before they are any good.

Cheers Arry

Yeah the early run is always the same mate, plaice are almost transparent! 

They'll soon pack a bit on though, I'll hopefully get a run at them in a couple of weeks time...hopefully get some decent weather at last!! 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah the early run is always the same mate, plaice are almost transparent! 

They'll soon pack a bit on though, I'll hopefully get a run at them in a couple of weeks time...hopefully get some decent weather at last!! 

That Forest Fungi place does a nice breakfast Kev.

Cheers Arry

16 minutes ago, Arry said:

That Forest Fungi place does a nice breakfast Kev.

Cheers Arry

Just seen.that on your food post mate, I didn't even know about the place, Saudi to the wife we'll have to give it a go, looks really good..

• Like 1