17 hours ago, Greyman said:

As a kid I shot everything that moved I know now it was wrong shooting bluetits and woodpeckers and anything else that moved but it was a natural instinct to hunt that still simmers below the surface of many, I now no how important it is to nurture youngsters and show them what’s right and wrong, kids are a blank canvas we can’t blame them for not being shown better

Did the same mate in what I now know was the stupidity of youth though stuff we shot always found it's way into the ferret cage. I remember my older cousin who was a bad influence on me growing up though in later life had his own business dealing in reclaimed timber and stone and demolition as a 13 year old him and his mate putting the barrels of their airguns through the bars of a pigeon loft and shooting the pigeons and they got caught and by the skin of their teeth avoided going to borstal though they did have to attend what was then called the scrubbs every Saturday run by ex coppers and ex military that put them through the mill. I remember the shock to the family as it made front page news in the local rag and I don't think it went down well in the juvenile court when the judge asked them if they had any thing to say and his mate replying to the judge we thought he was fattening them up for Christmas that's why we shot them wich the lad then received a wallop around the earhole from his father who was with him in court. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The one said:

They never learn the internet or mobile phones no the brightest place to post hunting picts 

I have a couple of large photo albums full of pictures of dogs and stuff taken in the past and it was always a worry collecting pictures from the developers especially those with dogs and dead deer though even then I would have never dreamed of taking a pic of the dog latched on to the deer and all pictures were taken when we got back home. 

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I have a couple of large photo albums full of pictures of dogs and stuff taken in the past and it was always a worry collecting pictures from the developers especially those with dogs and dead deer though even then I would have never dreamed of taking a pic of the dog latched on to the deer and all pictures were taken when we got back home. 

I remember being about 17 young and stupid getting some pics developed in boots. Lots of ragging pics of dead fox etc and one or two stop end ones. Technically was all legal but not great idea. Even then I was glad to get them collected with no fuss. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, terryd said:

I remember being about 17 young and stupid getting some pics developed in boots. Lots of ragging pics of dead fox etc and one or two stop end ones. Technically was all legal but not great idea. Even then I was glad to get them collected with no fuss. 

I remember years ago their was a case about a lad from down south somewhere that made the national newspapers and it came on top for him mainly due to photos being developed and then reported to the police by the developer and a raid by the police and RSPCA found his diaries and trophy's and suchlike. We stopped straight away taking pics especially of deer taken with dogs just didn't think it was worth the risk plus i had a few guns off the ticket around me that wouldn't have gone down well.

I remember years ago speaking to the widow of a terrier man and she said i dont know how he had skins and heads mounted on the wall you wouldn't get away with that now , she was true we lost that battle years ago 

A old couple over the road had a squirrel go up the side of there house to eat the wiring , The man said to my son Your dads got guns get him to shoot it . My son not yet in his teens knew enough to keep his mouth shut and said has he ?. Turns out all they did was watch what happens in the street from there window and saw me loading my car to go out shooting 

Now we reverse the car into the bottom garage unload it take the car out and process and game for the freezer where nobody can see us 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2024 at 11:30, Greyman said:

Children should be taught to shoot and make a catty for the day the lights go out 

C5ABFF21-6FB7-4337-AC15-F6819A149100.jpeg

3F3CCCD2-958E-4CE2-8748-5E9D4EF2556C.jpeg

41111DDB-11D5-4011-A70C-F2606024C147.jpeg

128BF8CE-607A-45BD-8D6C-CA32A8D108D0.jpeg

Brilliant 👏 It's fathers & grandfathers dreams for their children to take up the hobby's they've done for years. Passing the skills on. My skills are shite with a catty. A showed my lad how to hold & shoot the catty & he's better than me 😆. Same with the air riffle , a showed him how to look down the scopes and aim. Got to the point that he knew best like kids do. Lol. 

• Like 1
On 09/04/2024 at 08:14, terryd said:

We've all done it Terry been out and taken a image with quarry. Look at these that go on game shoots over continent. Stood there with the foot on the quarry or holding the head up on the beasts. So we can't just knock youngens. They just need educating. It's okay to take an image just don't put it on public forums. Some have put images up on here. Back in the day I've done it. 

• Like 1