Ground in Paignton

Can anyone on here tell me what the ground is like in the Paignton area in Devon?Travelling down there tomorrow to spend a couple of days doing ground screws.Trying to get half an idea what length screws to take.

31 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Can anyone on here tell me what the ground is like in the Paignton area in Devon?Travelling down there tomorrow to spend a couple of days doing ground screws.Trying to get half an idea what length screws to take.

I live about 5 miles from Paignton mate. What part of Paignton are you talking?

Cheers Arry

2 hours ago, downsouth said:

I'm just going through a job in Plymouth and the engineer has suggested ground screws to hold the balcony structure steel posts down, meeting on Wednesday on site to look at using ground screws for whole structure, built up ground over solid rock, steep gradient down a valley... if you come this way you're welcome to price it mate once I have engineers details..

Not much help on Paington ground, but maybe another job in Devon! Lol

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

I'm just going through a job in Plymouth and the engineer has suggested ground screws to hold the balcony structure steel posts down, meeting on Wednesday on site to look at using ground screws for whole structure, built up ground over solid rock, steep gradient down a valley... if you come this way you're welcome to price it mate once I have engineers details..

Not much help on Paington ground, but maybe another job in Devon! Lol

Tbh mate were only travelling that far from Kent because its for a Garden building company from Yorkshire that give us loads of work in the south East.Also that sounds like a job that will need larger screws that go in with a ride on machine.The ones we put in are only 90mm circumference and go upto 1.75m long and go in with a hand held machine.More for sitting Timber framed buildings or decked areas etc on.Thanks anyway though.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Tbh mate were only travelling that far from Kent because its for a Garden building company from Yorkshire that give us loads of work in the south East.Also that sounds like a job that will need larger screws that go in with a ride on machine.The ones we put in are only 90mm circumference and go upto 1.75m long and go in with a hand held machine.More for sitting Timber framed buildings or decked areas etc on.Thanks anyway though.

Not the stable company is it ?