2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Best thing to do just catch them up put one at a time in single cage. Outside on bird room and watch them through kitchen window. If it's a cock bird you'll clock it singing away. Then put that in a flight cage. Keep going till you've got through all the cocks & hens. Weekend pottering around garden and house you'll sort it out. 

Are your goldies still squabling with each other. I've got two pair in decent size cages and i've put a divider in to let them together few hour a day but still squabling when I let them in to each other.

9 minutes ago, sambo123 said:

Are your goldies still squabling with each other. I've got two pair in decent size cages and i've put a divider in to let them together few hour a day but still squabling when I let them in to each other.

I’ve got a pair I put together few months back and been fine sleeping next to each other every night but then others pairs squabbling   

1 minute ago, Abullx said:

I’ve got a pair I put together few months back and been fine sleeping next to each other every night but then others pairs squabbling   

Goldfinches squabbling is just natural behaviour. 

110.png

12 hours ago, sambo123 said:

No mine are all mouthing each other cocks & hens. Few more weeks my birds will be ready.  I've got light control in birdroom so bring my birds in condition a few weeks early. A like to be done and birds moulted out for august early September. Makesure you put a few feed hoppers in , same when putting veg & fruit in. Otherwise that can set them off arguing over food mate. Not only that just put one perch in so they've to get used to each other. 

10 hours ago, poxon said:

We always get a fools spring an a fools summer in the uk most captive bird breeders are to keen to pair up a get breeding. 

Today it doesn't matter with all the mod cons lighting heating ect. My birdroom doesn't drop less than 10c mate due to it being in doors. All my walls are insulated roof insulated too. I don't have my birds out doors due to me having alot of wild birds around my property. The risk of bird flu stopped me having birds outside. I don't even take birds to the sales no more. I've got too much in too Lose. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

It's a food thing that's what I've just commented on 😆 they don't like to share. Bit like bickering kids. 

Not just with each other either Lol

305.png