Superb eagle flights.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched this earlier,an eagle for an emperor,flights on roe,CWD,Muntie and hare,give his channel a follow.  

He still flies eagles Tats, this is his eagle called Mack.   

I have various friends with Falcons, Hawks and there's one with an Eagle. I have been out dozens of times over many years and have seen the smallest birds caught to pretty large mammals caught. All ve

Posted Images

Had a mate a good few years ago that got a job up Scotland bolting Fox`s with his terriers for Golden eagles, He went up with five terriers and after the first season came back with two. 

4 minutes ago, paulus said:

Had a mate a good few years ago that got a job up Scotland bolting Fox`s with his terriers for Golden eagles, He went up with five terriers and after the first season came back with two. 

thats mad dangerous work if you can get it i love birds of prey

• Like 1
Just now, tatsblisters said:

Often wonder if the larger than life chap who flew eagles from York and used to go over to  Eastern Europe flying his bird's as i spent a few day's in his company up Scotland years ago.

Never flew an eagle, although a vey naughty man who dealt in birds, turned up with a female in the back of his motor one day whilst delivering a pair of sparrow hawks to me, He left it on my back lawn overnight whilst he did some business elsewhere, Great big thing she was, 14lb if i remember correctly. But it was half a lifetime ago now Lol

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Never flew an eagle, although a vey naughty man who dealt in birds, turned up with a female in the back of his motor one day whilst delivering a pair of sparrow hawks to me, He left it on my back lawn overnight whilst he did some business elsewhere, Great big thing she was, 14lb if i remember correctly. But it was half a lifetime ago now Lol

Jeff McKnight they called this chap always reminded me of Buffalo Bill .lol I believed he owned a caravan park outside York somewhere.

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Jeff McKnight they called this chap always reminded me of Buffalo Bill .lol I believed he owned a caravan park outside York somewhere.

This bloke was called Ray. Owned a farm near West Lyne, amongst other businesses Lol 

5 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Jeff McKnight they called this chap always reminded me of Buffalo Bill .

Screenshot_20240218_195849.jpg

• Like 7

I can remember Plummer writing in the Countryman's Weekly that his next challenge after getting cavalier King Charles to go to ground on Fox, Was to get an European eagle owl to take a hare. I wrote in and offered him a side bet, That being. He would not be able to get it off it when it did, No reply Lol. 

11 hours ago, mackem said:

Screenshot_20240218_195849.jpg

Thanks for that mate glad he's still doing what he lives for. He is one of those characters in life you meet that stays in your memory and the type you could spend hours in his company listening to his stories of his life. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really enjoy watching them fly to Hares, they just look too cumbersome and compared to something like a Harris Hawk.

Just you.  

Hares are a natural prey item for eagles around the world.

And considering those birds aren't living wild,  I was pretty impressed at how quickly they got back onto some of those hares, after initially missing.

• Like 1