The commys give in.....

Looks like the farmers in europe have won the battle,if no one has seen it the farmers have been protesting day in day out in germany france holland,thousands upon thousands of tractors flooding the capitals an surrounding roads an apparently the commys have given in

WWW.(!64.56:886

The Farmers’ protests have forced the EU to surrender to the...

• Like 1

Just now, Francie, said:

Looks like the farmers in europe have won the battle,if no one has seen it the farmers have been protesting day in day out in germany france holland,thousands upon thousands of tractors flooding the capitals an surrounding roads an apparently the commys have given in

The "eu" have said there going to drop the 30% redution on emissions from farming target,revise its unrealistic pesticide quotas,allow more land for agricultural use an stop the propaganda telling everyone to stop eating meat.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, MH1 said:

They've been out here today too

WWW.WESTERNTELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Major disruption occurred between Carmarthen and Pont Abraham

Yep I got stuck behind that lot earlier, I still can't get my head around why they don't protest outside the buildings where politicians work, Welsh assembly or parliament. I work away long hours then have to sit behind fecking tractors for an hour.. 

Are these protests about the fact they won't get subsidies unless 10% of land is planted with trees? 

28 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep I got stuck behind that lot earlier, I still can't get my head around why they don't protest outside the buildings where politicians work, Welsh assembly or parliament. I work away long hours then have to sit behind fecking tractors for an hour.. 

Are these protests about the fact they won't get subsidies unless 10% of land is planted with trees? 

id be happy there’s still some with a backbone mate 

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Borr said:

10% for trees and another 10% for wildlife habitat which probably just means scrub & brambles 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

id be happy there’s still some with a backbone mate 

I'm not sold, having some unity okay, meeting up with your mates to show off your new tractor hmm, 

Also I'm in Devon and outside of the national parks of Exmoor and Dartmoor it seems most all land is owned by farmers and near me I see empty fields for what seems the majority of the year. I lived in Wales for a long time and when you see the barren hills and slag that even the few mangey sheep don't want to graze , I'd rather they replace a small amount of the total decimation of Welsh forests that were destroyed not for farming but for the industrial revolution, iron and coal and all that. Scotland was cleared of forest and then even it's own people , to make way for sheep. Anyway I'm up for covering Britain in trees , as for providing food how much is exported and what income does farming make from selling land to property development, air BnB, wind solar , leasing to commercial use ,shops retail,  etc etc 

We need food security though. We can't be relying on cheap imports from country's with lower standards and just have trees. Depending on other countries for goods and food is no good when a war causes shortages or price spikes. I think we should be self sufficient as possible in as many ways as possible

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
13 hours ago, Francie, said:

Trouble is mate you won’t see the retribution’s from governments after they all go back to there farms and are singled out, An old mate of mine had a haulage company when the fuel protests were happening, he put his wagons in the rolling road blocks and protests that were happening, the government dropped prices for a short while then sent the inland revenue round to all the businesses that had been involved,mate was put through the ringer for years until he shut his business down and moved his shillings into other things  

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, steve t said:

We need food security though. We can't be relying on cheap imports from country's with lower standards and just have trees. Depending on other countries for goods and food is no good when a war causes shortages or price spikes. I think we should be self sufficient as possible in as many ways as possible

Well a lot of products are produced for multinational corporations and their brands. I'm not saying this is negative, as it provides   tax revenue and employment, including some of mine. But that's a Hella lot of milk/cows and a lot of grain etc....

Screenshot_20240217-134256.png

That's good if it keeps farmers farming and getting paid. For years they've been encouraged to diversify to make money due to bad prices hence all the rental development etc. I wonder how much grain we export compared to import? And New Zealand lamb and Danish bacon and foreign veg. If we stopped the globalisation of food and produced for our own needs and paid a fair price it's a win win. Plus we could plant a few native hardwood trees because if you're relying on the government to plant trees it'll be mates forestry companies and private investors planting acres of sitka spruce monoculture where nothing else can survive

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Francie, said:

The only reason they have backed down is there is going to be EU elections this year. I suspect the back down is only temporary .

• Like 1