On 16/02/2024 at 12:58, FLATTOP said:

Quite a funny story at a very good friend of mines funeral we were  all gathered around his grave very sombre and this bloke appeared with a what can only be described as a box, he put on his sad voice and goes ok everybody these birds of peace are going to be released and there going to fly around to celebrate my friends life and then return to the box, he released the birds gone never to be seen again and straight to the direction of the pub where we was having his wake my old mate would have loved that he loved things going tits up the dove man’s face was priceless funny old rituals we have when we are gone.

A young lad close to me got into all that dove release malarkey,bred,raised,trained them etc but lost some to Sparrowhawks and some just didnt come back......in the end he realised that going and buying a pair of doves for 25 quid and then getting paid 150 quid for releasing them was much easier....he didnt give a bollock if they ever came back or not he just went and bought another pair.....he caught on quick for a young kid 😆

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice side hustle mate 👍. We do a wooden traditional hand wooden pie cart filled with a selection of specialty pork pies and chuckneys. We do birthdays weddings corporate events or a good old pie pint

Flavours we do  pork and black pudding  pork branston Stilton  pork madras curry  pork chilli 🌶️ spicy sausage  pork bbq hunters bacon chicken  pork cranberry stuffing 

Quite a funny story at a very good friend of mines funeral we were  all gathered around his grave very sombre and this bloke appeared with a what can only be described as a box, he put on his sad voic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

Yer they is alot of work involved with feed treating training scraping the bloody things out every day but they nice to have about the place 

Some young I weand last week 

20240210_120117.jpg

Nice birds. When did they hatch? Also what's the furthest you can fly them

• Like 1