A bit of springtime to lighten the mood

Plenty of doom and gloom about the government ,the economy,immigration etc but as old racist country gents let’s get a few spring shots going and enjoy the fact that Mother Nature don’t give to shits about none of it first CA97CEBA-0F9F-40D7-97A1-5DEEAED38B48.jpeg.db335c279a48bbaa122a427c68fbc2d4.jpegblossom on the trees and a nesting robin to kick off, 

D3C437CE-B088-4833-B5F9-5E6A0BE4365A.jpeg

• Like 5

A few year ago I had a robin nesting in a long net hung up in my shed....so I had leave the door open for her....was great to watch her and let the kids see....

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I'm not to knowledgeable on birds but is that really early for a Robin...or is this there usual time to start nesting?

Robins will nest in January if it's mild enough, tomo.

I think with the change/shift in weather patterns over the last few years, a lot of nature is changing it's usual patterns to cope.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, TOMO said:

They must have a few broods then...Great little birds aren't they...always get close...

As soon as you start to use a shovel in the garden there are there within minutes lol..cracking birds though allways feed them through winter..

• Like 7
52 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Robins will nest in January if it's mild enough, tomo.

I think with the change/shift in weather patterns over the last few years, a lot of nature is changing it's usual patterns to cope.

been a cold wet winter this un shaark 

8 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Wet yes...but not cold mate...

it’s warmed up a bit this week mate but it’s been cold it ain’t been a year we’re crops are high 

Edited by mC HULL
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s warmed up a bit this week mate but it’s been cold kate ain’t been a year we’re crops are high 

It's you ya puff....your getting nesh in your old age

Mind you are in Hull...it always seems miserable there...lol

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

it’s warmed up a bit this week mate but it’s been cold kate ain’t been a year we’re crops are high 

Fek me mate it’s only February crops won’t be high for another few month yet

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Fek me mate it’s only February crops won’t be high for another few month yet

in mild winters were frosts don’t knock it down crops can be up to your knees at crimbo mate 

I always think a long cold winter is good for wildlife. The cold puts a lot of things into a deep sleep where they are safe, especially plants and insects. A warm winter has things waking early and it's still a bleak time with no food about. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I always think a long cold winter is good for wildlife. The cold puts a lot of things into a deep sleep where they are safe, especially plants and insects. A warm winter has things waking early and it's still a bleak time with no food about. 

I remember watching something about fruit trees ...I think apples or pears need so many days during winter with a frost to get a good crop the following summer 

• Like 1