Wirehair pointer 1st cross

2 hours ago, Borr said:

Gsp,s are more thought of as bird dogs, although there's always exceptions I guess. Gwps used as all rounders on continent and mix with most quarry, think the German test includes boar but I may be wrong.

It’s like this a Gwp like a welsh hound a Gsp like a fell hound the GSP is faster and as more agility and on the killing side I’ve seen a GSP dispatch a cat in seconds atb

• Confused 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone wanting to do this cross I have two working GWP dogs here welcome to use on greyhound foc. Possibly have a pup or two back.  

always planned on putting him over a greyhound, I got a bitch but she never broke down. But over the years I had some fun with him from hunting cover to working round a hole, absolute powerhouse of a

Absolute rubbish I've known a lot of GWP's and crosses and not heard of any having these problems. If you have seen the drive and stamina these dogs possess you'd know that with heart problems they wo

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It’s like this a Gwp like a welsh hound a Gsp like a fell hound the GSP is faster and as more agility and on the killing side I’ve seen a GSP dispatch a cat in seconds atb

My GSP wasn't anywhere near as fast at covering the ground as one of my Wire's. Also in my opinion the GWP'S are more of an alrounder and seem to take to many tasks. I  don't hear of many people using the GSP's for anything other than a gun dog.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Poppa rumbo-rumbo, hey, Poppa Joe, coconut!!  😄

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

I found furgals last post made the most sense o the lot tbh neal

Knew you wouldn't let me down, blacky.  🤓 👍

By the way, just bought a new chest freezer.  Last couple of nights been a tad warm, so thought I'd get a new one early, before summer hits us properly.  😉

Edited by shaaark
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Knew you wouldn't let me down, blacky.  🤓 👍

By the way, just bought a new chest freezer.  Last couple of nights been a tad warm, so thought I'd get a new one early, before summer hits us properly.  😉

I'm.learning 2 lower me core temperature by meditation and prayer

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I'm.learning 2 lower me core temperature by meditation and prayer

You could be on to a winner there, blacky, good thinking.  👍

On 08/04/2024 at 05:51, Moorman 1 said:

Not sure what you mean by sharp but I've had both and the wires are a lot harder going and better alround vermin dogs. The Danish lines are heavier than the German bloodlines. I like that as they are more robust and have more stamina.

I mean on their feet, the short haired I know are more nimble.  Yes defo, GWH are a better vermin dog.

• Like 1

From what I've read about both, they are different breeds, not just coats.

Surely, that would explain the differences more than just coat type?!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

From what I've read about both, they are different breeds, not just coats.

Surely, that would explain the differences more than just coat type?!

Yeah some people think the only difference is coat, but as you say they're a totally different breed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Yeah some people think the only difference is coat, but as you say they're a totally different breed.

Thank you mate.

Is that correct though?

I personally only know one fella that owned a pair of gsp's, brother and sister, and he also told me that they were a different breed type from the gwp?

5 hours ago, shaaark said:

Thank you mate.

Is that correct though?

I personally only know one fella that owned a pair of gsp's, brother and sister, and he also told me that they were a different breed type from the gwp?

Yes they come from totally different backgrounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are both HPR no different they point that’s what it says on the tin I’ve got Gwp Lurcher mix but I know somebody who as a few GSP and I’d never rule them out as vermin dogs definitely not atb