New permission

Just acquired a new spot half hour  from were I live massive valley on private moors. Just like going back 25 years  big numbers of rabbits about bit late in season now  though, already had a few pregnant does may go up once just to show my face , then have to wait for autumn 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

Make sure to make a show even if you deliberately catch bugger all (or even release the does). Don’t want someone else beating you to it. 

Ya gonna have a look next week, weather not bad,  it's  that remote, don't think even a 4x4 would be much good in real bad conditions ,,,we,ll see

Carry on as long as you can you don't want to lose it.

You're better off thinning them down a bit I alway find if there thick through the summer they are more prone to getting mixie or worse RHD.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
On 08/02/2024 at 10:30, Arry said:

Carry on as long as you can you don't want to lose it.

You're better off thinning them down a bit I alway find if there thick through the summer they are more prone to getting mixie or worse RHD.

Cheers Arry

I was chatting to a keeper the other day saying about leaving some etc (which he was absolutely fine with) and he said which is 100% true “you got to catch them whilst you can though”. A good line I thought, you never want to wipe them out but equally need to catch them if they are there or they may not be when you decide too! 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Bet you feel like you have won the lottery Wildman good luck with the new permissions.

Ya had good  permissions  before  but not for a few years, did all of Bolton  Abbey  Estate, and a pal of mine had a lot  of Kettlewell  ,good  numbers  up until  them hard winters 2010,2012 killed a lot of  bunnies  snow too deep  for em to get to any grass ,bad times  ,oh well will see how we get  on 

1 hour ago, wildman said:

Ya had good  permissions  before  but not for a few years, did all of Bolton  Abbey  Estate, and a pal of mine had a lot  of Kettlewell  ,good  numbers  up until  them hard winters 2010,2012 killed a lot of  bunnies  snow too deep  for em to get to any grass ,bad times  ,oh well will see how we get  on 

Don't think i have to tell you Wildman just be a bit careful taking other folk on who you don't know that well good prime rabbiting permission can sometimes bring the worst out in folk.

• Like 1

Not much need to worry about that mate, if ya knew me (but ya probably do) I worked  on Wentworth  estate  for a  while, with big John  Wright, who ya probably knew  and even  he was a  bit wary of me when I lost  my temper  , but I no what you meant 😉 

• Like 1

Catch some up for me alive and I'll pick em up! Better than killing em for the sake of it. We have a big area for them to settle in, even some massive pens to keep em safe whilst they settle. Even the farmers want to start seeing some around again. 

Would exchange a duck flight next season for some live rabbits 👍

I don't even have ferrets anymore so if they settle and breed you can come ferreting here 🤣

• Like 3