34 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Only to the folk and transport museum, havent been in the titanic centre yet though

It’s busy but it’s worth a visit 👍

15 hours ago, mackem said:

I was brought up in a town that at one time was the biggest ship building town in the world,over 400 registered shipbuilders in its history.

Big River... if I knew how to I would put the Jimmy Nail vid up (applicable to Wear & Tyne) but don't know how 🤔 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, mackem said:

I was brought up in a town that at one time was the biggest ship building town in the world,over 400 registered shipbuilders in its history.

Quite something to see in those days the huge ships been built , something for the country to be proud of 

• Like 2

A bit of useless information for Wolfdog, Mackem's username comes from the Tyne/Wear shipbuilding rivalry. A version of the origin that I was told anyway. Ships would often be built on the river Wear up to a stage that they could be towed to the river Tyne for the final fit out. Those in Sunderland would say "we mackem and you tackem", we make them and then you take them. 

• Like 2