Lookin for an old dog that needs a home

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just messaged a mate of mine, we had a cracking retired terrier off him. She's the sort of dog that would be perfect for you mum. Just happy on a couch all day, never puts a foot wrong.   

My mum lost our Mo a few months ago and she’s a bit lonely in the house without a bit of company. If anyone has an old dog needing a good home. Has to be calm, as my mum has disabilities. She nee

What a con those mutts are. They are feral. They have been involved in thousands of attacks on people, some culminating in severe injuries and deaths.  The dogs aren't vetted for temperament . They ca

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Dog. Apparently quiet but I've never seen it. 3 I think 

I know someone who was after a little bitch as a companion for his dog but probably best not getting involved.

On 18/01/2024 at 11:45, mushroom said:

Hey lads, thank you all very kindly for the offers. We’ve just found out that my mum has a form of Alzheimer’s. So unfortunately, having a dog is out of the question. She’d probably forget to or overfeed the poor bugger.

Once again the family are grateful for all the offers and want me to pass on their thanks.

I work in a home for dementia patience mush so am sorry about your mum,but was going to say many of the residents have robotic cats or dogs they respond to movement and touch with out the mess and feeding issues

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 2

Once a person is afflicted with it there is no going back, no cure, it only gets worse. There are many charities and support groups but in the cold light of day they do bugger all. The inevitable is that the person afflicted needs 24/7 attendance. Sad but true. The charities do f**k all. 

PS. I have just read my own post and it may appear as though I was expecting or needing help from charities. Not at all. The help needed was an actual person in attendence and these are not provided free of charge on the NHS. Not a problem, paid for it. Then eventually found a proper place for relocation. 

Edited by eastcoast
On 14/01/2024 at 14:39, gnipper said:

Loads of them feral Romanian Street dogs on there isn't there, horrible bloody things. 

What a con those mutts are. They are feral. They have been involved in thousands of attacks on people, some culminating in severe injuries and deaths.  The dogs aren't vetted for temperament . They can be 'adopted' into homes with children.

The Romanians must be laughing their arses off at stupid brits willing to import them and provide 'therapy' for them. 

There are literally millions of feral dogs on the planet. The kindest thing for them is a well aimed bullet. It would be even kinder for the unfortunate people who have to live near them if these dogs were euthanized.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

What a con those mutts are. They are feral. They have been involved in thousands of attacks on people, some culminating in severe injuries and deaths.  The dogs aren't vetted for temperament . They can be 'adopted' into homes with children.

The Romanians must be laughing their arses off at stupid brits willing to import them and provide 'therapy' for them. 

There are literally millions of feral dogs on the planet. The kindest thing for them is a well aimed bullet. It would be even kinder for the unfortunate people who have to live near them if these dogs were euthanized.

One of her family got one that tried to/did grab at my youngest when she was newborn in her big fluffy jacket. I wasn't there to see what happened luckily for the dog and family member but had to console my missus and it has never been near my kids since and never will either. She's 4 now and is afraid of dogs which as a dog owner is a bloody nightmare and I wonder if she subconsciously remembers getting grabbed?

21 hours ago, Greyman said:

I work in a home for dementia patience mush so am sorry about your mum,but was going to say many of the residents have robotic cats or dogs they respond to movement and touch with out the mess and feeding issues

It’s a form that affects the short term memory apparently. Also, they’ve caught it really early and the diagnosis is that it shouldn’t deteriorate rapidly. Supposedly it’s kinda controllable. So a reasonable prognosis. They’ve arranged carers 4 times a day. Bat shit crazy or not she won’t leave that house unless it’s feet first lol

• Like 1