Just now, chartpolski said:

“More speed and brain” from a saluki ?

Behave yourself !

”Sticking power” ? Yes, I’ll give you that….but speed and brain ????

Cheers.

mate a coursing bred is miles faster then a whippet lol come on what sal bred dogs you been watching 

a saluki has the best hunting brain can read the land better then out nothing comes close 

a whippet runs in straight lines lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morty, a filth generation lamper he tracked 7 cwd and a munty single handed during the day in January. Not to bad considering it was his first daytime jaunt out.   

Another of Maurice, tracked this and put it on the deck single handed in the middle of a field without the aid of fence or ditch, we got there it saw us panicked and full of adrenaline it managed to g

More tracking for the shooting clowns 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

mate a coursing bred is miles faster then a whippet lol come on what sal bred dogs you been watching 

a saluki has the best hunting brain can read the land better then out nothing comes close 

Your dogs would get roasted on the old coursing grounds at Newmarket you never seen a hare smash cover like them lady’s  but go on tell me it’s not so lol ,, a whippet runs in straight lines lol  haha your so out of touch mc 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

years ago me pal had me in stitches he bred a whippet good little dog to a saluki when he slipped a pup with the whippet on a hare he looked at me and said f***ing hell the whippets  had a remap the pups were on another level in every way shape form he went to coursing breds not long after lol 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Your dogs would get roasted on the old coursing grounds at Newmarket you never seen a hare smash cover like them lady’s  but go on tell me it’s not so lol 

i’ve ran round newmarket with old bitch i had lady she was descent but i’ve run miles better cleverer hares 

if you dog don’t smash cover it’s no good is it 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

years ago me pal had me in stitches he bred a whippet good little dog to a saluki when he slipped a pup with the whippet on a hare he looked at me and said f***ing hell the whippets  had a remap the pups were on another level in every way shape form he went to coursing breds not long after lol 

I seen plenty Sal x Jack on fox dosnt mean they all do ?? Like I said many times you can’t generalise ther be something that fks ya sooner or later ! bit like the whippet that can stop a hare single handed ? Remember ?? 

Edited by green lurchers
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I watched the ones I ran in their country of origin and the ones I’ve seen run here.

I’d better go to the whippet racing and tell the people who run dogs that have been bred for 150 years to be the fastest canines in the world over a sprint distance that they’ve been doing it all wrong and need to cull all there whippets and get salukis !

Its a good job I’m thick skinned ‘cause they will laugh in my face ! LOL !

Just when I thought your saluki tinted glasses were slipping…….

Cheers.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I watched the ones I ran in their country of origin and the ones I’ve seen run here.

I’d better go to the whippet racing and tell the people who run dogs that have been bred for 150 years to be the fastest canines in the world over a sprint distance that they’ve been doing it all wrong and need to cull all there whippets and get salukis !

Its a good job I’m thick skinned ‘cause they will laugh in my face ! LOL !

Just when I thought your saluki tinted glasses were slipping…….

Cheers.

mate a bone dry grass football pitch over the distance of a football pitch is completely different to the real world do you seriously believe if we went now slipped on open land at 150 yards with the hare up and off that any whippet in the world would get there before a coursing bred ? me dog would have ten length minimum on it lol 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

mate a bone dry grass football pitch over the distance of a football pitch is completely different to the real world do you seriously believe if we went now slipped on open land at 150 yards with the hare up and off that any whippet in the world would get there before a coursing bred ? me dog would have ten length minimum on it lol 

You not been ther done that over period of time so you can’t really have input  I would say having been ther and done that. As u quoted 150 yrd  at that old coursing ground forget about a whippet your dogs would be wandering around thinking wtf happened ther !! Lolol 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I never said anything like that!

You said a saluki would add speed to a non-ped whippet. 
Utter nonsense. Greyhound and whippet is added to saluki to give speed in the hope of achieving the former’s  speed and the latters staying power.

You know that, I’m sure.

Cheers.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I never said anything like that!

You said a saluki would add speed to a non-ped whippet. 
Utter nonsense. Greyhound and whippet is added to saluki to give speed in the hope of achieving the former’s  speed and the latters staying power.

You know that, I’m sure.

Cheers.

Nope he’s not buying it charts 

2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Nope he’s not buying it charts 

15-20 years ago on here I would have been at this ,(pardon the pun) like a dog with a bone, but these days , age and experience has taught me when it’s time to bow out gracefully !

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
41 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

15-20 years ago on here I would have been at this ,(pardon the pun) like a dog with a bone, but these days , age and experience has taught me when it’s time to bow out gracefully !

Cheers.

I have enjoyed reading your last few posts 👍

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

You not been ther done that over period of time so you can’t really have input  I would say having been ther and done that. As u quoted 150 yrd  at that old coursing ground forget about a whippet your dogs would be wandering around thinking wtf happened ther !! Lolol 

you’ve got the land get me on next crimbo see with ya eyes lol 

be picking up body’s while your scratching ya head lol

45 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

get a whippet mate not non ped because there not whippets id give you 50 yds start and me dog would pass the whippet like it’s stood still lol 

Just now, mC HULL said:

you’ve got the land get me on next crimbo see with ya eyes lol 

be picking up body’s while your scratching ya head lol

Hang on while I lololol   Ya dog wound pic one up after then another and another. If it hunts up   It’s a sickner to watch ,