Ablation therapy

Any one had it ?just had st barts ring me as I was walking dog ,to say you've been referred as I'm suitable for it ,and we can do it next Friday!!! Slightly shittting myself, wire in the groin upto the heart ,then re-map it burning the muscle to alter electrical signals ,under a general so oblivious to it all ,but still a worrying proposition, just wondered if anyone had one ,and how it went ? 

22 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Any one had it ?just had st barts ring me as I was walking dog ,to say you've been referred as I'm suitable for it ,and we can do it next Friday!!! Slightly shittting myself, wire in the groin upto the heart ,then re-map it burning the muscle to alter electrical signals ,under a general so oblivious to it all ,but still a worrying proposition, just wondered if anyone had one ,and how it went ? 

I believe my father in law had it some years back, still the same c**t afterwards as he was before, so recon you should be fine mate  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mole trapper said:

It's nothing,  only down side is it works for some and not for others, presumably you get af?

Yes mate ,seeing their faces when I walked in ,ticker doing 200bpm ,yeah been like it for past few months !blue lighted straight to resus

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I believe my father in law had it some years back, still the same c**t afterwards as he was before, so recon you should be fine mate  

So I'll still be a c**t ???? Least it won't change me !

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Yes mate ,seeing their faces when I walked in ,ticker doing 200bpm ,yeah been like it for past few months !blue lighted straight to resus

You drinking a lot? Biggest cause of af.

I was getting blue lighted couple of times a week at one point,  then realised the issue very quickly when they were going to give me a pacemaker at 40. Stopped drinking completely for 4 years, af cured immediately,  I drink these days, but nothing like I used to, get a flutter now and again but nothing major. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, waltjnr said:

I like the odd tipple ,never spirits ,looks like I'll be on the decaff coffee ,and guiness zero from now on ! 

My misses has AF and has cut out caffeine recons it’s a big improvement mate good luck with it 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My misses has AF and has cut out caffeine recons it’s a big improvement mate good luck with it 👍

Caffeine free since February, redbush tea and decaff coffee, definitely helps 👍