What is everyone using to tie the pouches on with and what’s the difference with the different materials . I’ve got amber belt and some waxed leather makers thread and I’m still waiting on some 1mm crystal string I ordered weeks ago . Is there one that’s better than the other or are they all a much of a muchness . I have tied a few band sets up with the amber belt and waxed thread and did find it a bit quicker, easier and neater to tie a constrictor knot with the thread but doubts have crept in about whether the thinner thread will damage the elastic more than the softer and wider amber belt 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, terryd said:

If your a skilled carpenter like my self can knock up a jig. 
IMG_1143.jpeg.175e1f29ffdbe01380f45bf1f941d59e.jpeg

shut it you lot 😂

I started making one after the mini jig I have bent . I was going to use some bessey spring clamps but looking at the price online I decided to just order a jig from cattyshack and the postman’s just this minute been with it 

IMG_1766.jpeg

• Like 2

Aswell as the cattyshack jig I got these from Dan Leighton and balls of steel , a 95mm spitfire and 4100 9.5’s . Just tied a 23-17 .60 ss green band up and thought I’d try the 1mm crystal string to tie the pouch . Its easy enough to tie , just need to see if it lasts like the constrictor knot ones I’ve done on my other catapults . 

IMG_1767.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

If you can be arsed to look back I have shown how I do my pouch’s I just use a short piece of tube and a pair of long nose pliers  takes me minutes no jigs no tying and lasts for ages 

B1DAB622-AA5B-4092-A00A-86A7B1B7C937.jpeg

837749AD-2F12-4F08-8AE4-9BAC8834FF63.jpeg

DE1536C9-EC92-44D0-A81B-3CDB536C15A2.jpeg

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

If you can be arsed to look back I have shown how I do my pouch’s I just use a short piece of tube and a pair of long nose pliers  takes me minutes no jigs no tying and lasts for ages 

B1DAB622-AA5B-4092-A00A-86A7B1B7C937.jpeg

837749AD-2F12-4F08-8AE4-9BAC8834FF63.jpeg

DE1536C9-EC92-44D0-A81B-3CDB536C15A2.jpeg

what you lobbing with those pouches 🤔👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍🎯

11 hours ago, booboy2 said:

what you lobbing with those pouches 🤔👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍🎯

Pebbles  mate it’s nice to challenge yourself a bit sometimes, hitting everything with a ball bearing is great but it’s a bit like pcp verses springer, boringly easy 

B8DCC637-237C-4D86-86C1-BBB9BD23E6D3.jpeg

• Like 1
On 28/01/2024 at 09:36, Greyman said:

Pebbles  mate it’s nice to challenge yourself a bit sometimes, hitting everything with a ball bearing is great but it’s a bit like pcp verses springer, boringly easy 

B8DCC637-237C-4D86-86C1-BBB9BD23E6D3.jpeg

so your to good with steels so your chucking rocks 🪨 🎯👊🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.  Well done bud 

10 hours ago, booboy2 said:

so your to good with steels so your chucking rocks 🪨 🎯👊🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿.  Well done bud 

I don’t think I said that did I, but I,m not trying to make a living out of it I don’t need to edit videos to make me look better than I am and I,m not that desperate for meat I was making Catty,s in the 1970s when a foot of black square tube was 2 shillings and an old leather boot tongue was 2 p so it’s just nice to go backwards instead of following the heard sometimes, that’s all no biggie I also use more than 6” of elastic hope thats ok lol

049F0DFC-DD86-40A9-88F2-21C0855C5873.jpeg

6934D0F4-9305-4733-96E0-42C2106DBC67.jpeg

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Greyman said:

I don’t think I said that did I, but I,m not trying to make a living out of it I don’t need to edit videos to make me look better than I am and I,m not that desperate for meat I was making Catty,s in the 1970s when a foot of black square tube was 2 shillings and an old leather boot tongue was 2 p so it’s just nice to go backwards instead of following the heard sometimes, that’s all no biggie I also use more than 6” of elastic hope thats ok lol

049F0DFC-DD86-40A9-88F2-21C0855C5873.jpeg

6934D0F4-9305-4733-96E0-42C2106DBC67.jpeg

ffs bud settle down a bit 🙌🎯 . you said steels where boringly easy for you 🤷 and I don't edit any videos at all hit me up we can do a bit of live video shooting if you want 🤣👊👌🎯🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Oh dear we seem to have hit a nerve, I,m 61 not 16 have been shooting Cattys for 50 years and still enjoying it I don’t need to prove myself to you or anyone else and I certainly won’t be hitting you up even if I new how to, just enjoy what your doing and don’t get so het up about the fact some old boy don’t use 9mm steels all the time or follow the latest trend it’s no biggie, this part of the forum is a nice place we’re people help one another out with advice and bits and bobs don’t ruin it 

14 hours ago, booboy2 said:

ffs bud settle down a bit 🙌🎯 . you said steels where boringly easy for you 🤷 and I don't edit any videos at all hit me up we can do a bit of live video shooting if you want 🤣👊👌🎯🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2024 at 18:00, booboy2 said:

That's a lot of emogies for 1 paragraph lol 

• Haha 2