Cleft palate

Just now, Big rowie said:

The pup i had in litter had his nose mixed up as well and done what I thought needed done. 

If it grows and doesn't work out it'll be harder to put down. Especially if you have kids about. 

My kids would want to keep it and would be uset 

Yh I get what you mean mate, 

• Like 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

litter mates to that cleft palate 5 weeks now 

We had a litter and one pup had cleft palate. Quite bad it was.  I Put it out of its misery. They struggle to feed themselves.  But depending how bad it is if its barely noticeable and can e

It's a hard thing to do but gotta think of life of pup.  If it would struggle even as a fur baby then kindest thing to do is to put it out of misery.  But if its feeding and you think it has

Posted Images

1 minute ago, paulus said:

Personally i never bred off that bitch again.

The bitch has been spayed now, 9 year old anyway hopefully it’s not the dog I have here which throws the cleft palate but in your case did you use the same stud dog on another bitch and we’re they ok 

Just now, Abullx said:

The bitch has been spayed now, 9 year old anyway hopefully it’s not the dog I have here which throws the cleft palate but in your case did you use the same stud dog on another bitch and we’re they ok 

The dog had served several bitch`s all with no issues, But i know that a litter of pups came out of one of the bitches from that litter a good few years later and they were fine. 

3 minutes ago, paulus said:

The dog had served several bitch`s all with no issues, But i know that a litter of pups came out of one of the bitches from that litter a good few years later and they were fine. 

Ok mate just wondering as I own stud dog and his first litter ( it wouldn’t stop me using him tbh anyway) 

• Like 1
On 24/12/2023 at 13:28, Abullx said:

Thanks mate and I’ve been looking online it isn’t the nose aswell so hopefully it isn’t as bad as might seem just depends on if it can do what a normal dog will be able to do once old enough 

352ef6e9-d57a-44f3-8b73-306586298f32.jpeg

That's a tough call and it's obvious you care a lot about this. I can't help with this but if you get positive feedback about health prospects and keep it I'm sure it will work out. About 20 years ago I kept a collie x bitch with an undershot jaw, I was apprehensive but she was a great dog