Boots,Bear & Rose..

1 hour ago, white van man said:

I’m no expert when it comes to Salukis or their crosses but I’d definitely say my saluki type has a different running style to him when we are on the hills. 1/4 saluki with a tiny dash of collie and the rest is grew. He’s clever and has a way of gliding over the rock piles. Decent nose and coat on him and loves to hunt up and find things. He’s coming up to 11 now and not slowing down much. 

33D6E04E-C3F7-4E57-B211-1FB53C3E028D.png

B182131C-05F2-41AF-8BF7-D036A82B3A26.jpeg

DC243DB0-BE87-4106-A437-7AC99DAD8E7C.jpeg

4918F6FE-ED78-4571-9874-A49BBB132859.png

He's a cracker matey! I hear you loud & clear about him 'gliding' over the rock piles & also deep heather,not all can,I've owned dog's myself that can't,they may catch stuff but nowhere near as prolific as those that 'know' how to & have the technique that enables them to do so,just because it has Saluki in it doesn't mean a thing,I've seen litter mate's where one is exceptional at running on the mountains yet another is like a ballet dancer trying to tiptoe across the granite,some do but the majority don't, won't or can't,that doesn't make them a bad dog it just means you may have to move the goal posts so to speak & run a dog to its strengths. You have a lovely dog there,I like him a lot,top pics buddy.

• Like 1

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

My Mrs think's WAY more about Boots than she does me,which is no surprise really 😂 ..she has just had a pic of Boots I took only the other day put onto a small slab of slate for me..I now have both of my A-Team in Ruby & Boots on slate. You can never take enough pictures of your canine friend's because in the blink of an eye they could be gone & you may be left with nothing but faded memories..I will remember the day I took this pic forever thanks to this piece of slate..May 10th 2024 etched on the rear of the slate,with that I know Boots was 11 year's,7 month's & 10 day's old..he rightly deserves his place by the fire forever 😉

PSX_20240516_173731.jpg

• Like 10

Lovely memento fellah👏

You are 100% about wishing you had more memories of your jukels,...I've had some real honest lurchers over the years, and very little hard copy to remember them by...😕 

My final old cur bitch , will be just that,...the last one ever....

I am dreading saying goodbye,.. but now,..at 12 year old,. .I reckon it will be sooner rather than later...😕

CDMM5790.jpg

DSC_7436.JPG

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, FUJI said:

My Mrs think's WAY more about Boots than she does me,which is no surprise really 😂 ..she has just had a pic of Boots I took only the other day put onto a small slab of slate for me..I now have both of my A-Team in Ruby & Boots on slate. You can never take enough pictures of your canine friend's because in the blink of an eye they could be gone & you may be left with nothing but faded memories..I will remember the day I took this pic forever thanks to this piece of slate..May 10th 2024 etched on the rear of the slate,with that I know Boots was 11 year's,7 month's & 10 day's old..he rightly deserves his place by the fire forever 😉

PSX_20240516_173731.jpg

That’s love from the heart  … she had it done for you because she knows how much much you care for him ….. it don’t get better than that … I love gifts like that 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Lovely memento fellah👏

You are 100% about wishing you had more memories of your jukels,...I've had some real honest lurchers over the years, and very little hard copy to remember them by...😕 

I am dreading saying goodbye,.. but now,..at 12 year old,. .I reckon it will be sooner rather than later...😕

CDMM5790.jpg

DSC_7436.JPG

It’s always the way I think Phil. At least we get to have the memories. I’m dreading the day Blue leaves us. Him and my youngest lad are best of mates. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

That’s love from the heart  … she had it done for you because she knows how much much you care for him ….. it don’t get better than that … I love gifts like that 

Fanny

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Lovely memento fellah👏

CDMM5790.jpg

DSC_7436.JPG

Phil,I don't think there's a man alive with the longevity in this game like yourself, people come & go but you've never took your foot off the pedal so to speak,not for a minute,you've been there got the t-shirt more times than you could shake a stick. I was just a young lad & was envious of your achievements then,I'm 58 in a few weeks time so that in itself speaks of the longevity you've had with working lurchers. Decades before this internet malarkey came along your name was right up there on a pedestal because of what you were doing with the cur dog's. If ever a man has earned the respect of fellow hunters then that's you. I've never once heard you speak out of turn against another hunter,not ever. You have never stated that you owned the best dog's but I know for a fact you've owned some seriously good dog's. You've achieved more than 99.9% of lurcher owners if not every single one of us. I know our paths have never crossed face to face but like yourself I know a lot of people with lurchers & every single one of them who knows you says your a gentleman & one of the most knowledgeable people ever & not just regarding dog's. People earn respect,it's not a given & through all the year's of you working lurchers you've earned the respect of many,me included. Don't beat yourself up the day you hang the dog's leash up for good,it's time for you to put your feet up matey & enjoy life,it won't be easy I know that but you've walked the walk buddy,steady away & enjoy what lays ahead. Your a good guy,a dogman of the highest order,you should be very very proud of all & everything you've done regarding working dog's & the excellent books you've put out for us lot. Like I said..top man,brilliant dog's,superb images & awesome book's..you have nothing to prove to anyone not that you ever did but most importantly you have nothing to prove to yourself regarding working dog's,you've done it all Phil..chin up matey there's life in the old dog yet I guarantee it!

2021-03-03-205.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just had my Mrs pup out for a couple of hour's,she's coming along nicely.. really starting to switch on now,super keen..very fast & beautifully balanced when galloping,I think this bitch will be exciting to watch behind gear if early indications are anything to go by? 9 1/2 month's old or thereabouts now, anyways here she is this evening..

PSX_20240516_183841.jpg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Phil,I don't think there's a man alive with the longevity in this game like yourself, people come & go but you've never took your foot off the pedal so to speak,not for a minute,you've been there got the t-shirt more times than you could shake a stick. I was just a young lad & was envious of your achievements then,I'm 58 in a few weeks time so that in itself speaks of the longevity you've had with working lurchers. Decades before this internet malarkey came along your name was right up there on a pedestal because of what you were doing with the cur dog's. If ever a man has earned the respect of fellow hunters then that's you. I've never once heard you speak out of turn against another hunter,not ever. You have never stated that you owned the best dog's but I know for a fact you've owned some seriously good dog's. You've achieved more than 99.9% of lurcher owners if not every single one of us. I know our paths have never crossed face to face but like yourself I know a lot of people with lurchers & every single one of them who knows you says your a gentleman & one of the most knowledgeable people ever & not just regarding dog's. People earn respect,it's not a given & through all the year's of you working lurchers you've earned the respect of many,me included. Don't beat yourself up the day you hang the dog's leash up for good,it's time for you to put your feet up matey & enjoy life,it won't be easy I know that but you've walked the walk buddy,steady away & enjoy what lays ahead. Your a good guy,a dogman of the highest order,you should be very very proud of all & everything you've done regarding working dog's & the excellent books you've put out for us lot. Like I said..top man,brilliant dog's,superb images & awesome book's..you have nothing to prove to anyone not that you ever did but most importantly you have nothing to prove to yourself regarding working dog's,you've done it all Phil..chin up matey there's life in the old dog yet I guarantee it!

2021-03-03-205.jpg

Great pic !!!  … missus loves the Pom ( Tiz a Pom not a small designer fox ? ) 

• Like 1