Boots,Bear & Rose..

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough of it all now. He's so crippled he can barely get over a 2 foot high wall nowadays & his vision is almost non existent too. He only has one eye to begin with & although his long distance vision isn't too bad in his 'good' eye he has no close up vision in it,absolutely nothing so even the simplest of tasks are a struggle for him. He's basically blind getting around here in the house & it's a similar case when confronting obstacles when out & about,he's confident enough when on the lead though as is often the case with elderly & or blind dogs. It's a shame they get old but alas those that do we should be thankful that they have made old bones. Here he is on what will more than likely be his final ever trip hunting up on the mountains of Scotland a number of weeks ago now. He got on the scoreboard for one final time & to say I was proud of him would be an understatement. He will be 12 years old come October 1st later this year,it's been a fantastic adventure having him accompany me all these year's. I could never thank him enough as he achieved things no other dog I've ever owned could & he took me to places that I could only ever have dreamt of. Time to rest up now old fella,your duty & service to the family is over,you deserve to go easy from here on.. thanks Boots lad.

1713362384589-01.jpeg

• Like 17
1 hour ago, FUJI said:

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough of it all now. He's so crippled he can barely get over a 2 foot high wall nowadays & his vision is almost non existent too. He only has one eye to begin with & although his long distance vision isn't too bad in his 'good' eye he has no close up vision in it,absolutely nothing so even the simplest of tasks are a struggle for him. He's basically blind getting around here in the house & it's a similar case when confronting obstacles when out & about,he's confident enough when on the lead though as is often the case with elderly & or blind dogs. It's a shame they get old but alas those that do we should be thankful that they have made old bones. Here he is on what will more than likely be his final ever trip hunting up on the mountains of Scotland a number of weeks ago now. He got on the scoreboard for one final time & to say I was proud of him would be an understatement. He will be 12 years old come October 1st later this year,it's been a fantastic adventure having him accompany me all these year's. I could never thank him enough as he achieved things no other dog I've ever owned could & he took me to places that I could only ever have dreamt of. Time to rest up now old fella,your duty & service to the family is over,you deserve to go easy from here on.. thanks Boots lad.

1713362384589-01.jpeg

Shame mate ,I got an old bitch here about 13 or so obviously I knew she slowed right down but it creeps up on ya ,the other dog had got summat and she coggled over 2 gi it her 2 penneth and just fell over just short on it I thought fecking hell ,she's gone over few times since front legs just seem 2 fold up  can't see her being around much longer  time for another pup 🙃

• Like 1
  • Sad 2