Boots,Bear & Rose..

7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I dont think any type of working dog is as hardy/tough as a dog bred for earth work...theres not an animal alive,wild or domesticated that will travel down into another animals lair and do what a Terrier does.....DSC_5476.JPG.0538ec2ec83f45d684e312018638dba4.JPG

They are gladiators indeed 💪 

• Like 2

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was how Bear was every single day for a month after breaking his neck then another pic of him as he is now,I never went to bed for 30 day's,I turned him over every 2 hours to prevent him getting

Here's Boots on one of the many occasions I've worked him until almost his last breath,the dog has no quit in him,Bear & Rose his pups are exactly the same,all these dog's would lay their life on

Hope everyone has had a decent season running their dogs 👍🏻 ..another one comes to an end & that's about it for my old mongrel Boots too,he's let me know the past 4 or 5 trip's out he's had enough

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dodger said:

Looks like dedication that Daniel or a living nightmare to some sod that never been for me but fair play

No different to you lads with the runners...we all do what we love,we take the good times,and we take the heartache... It  comes with the territory  Dodger mate 👍IMG-20171015-WA0006.jpg.888460468d4a4dd677e60ca3cdd2caab.jpg

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

No different to you lads with the runners...we all do what we love,we take the good times,and we take the heartache... It  comes with the territory  Dodger mate 👍IMG-20171015-WA0006.jpg.888460468d4a4dd677e60ca3cdd2caab.jpg

We all take risks and its the passion that drives us it's our drug like heroin the buzz in immense but temporary and then need our next fix as you know but as in your photo it can be life n death for you lads if the shit hits the fan so as tough as those  warriors are from whatever sphere they are not much cop without an owner that is willing to take them over the edge..

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Unfortunately thats the Digging game for you....lots of lads,fancy the idea and  start at it....and its too much like hard work for most..well done to you all , especially your lad, sticking till the end to retrieve the dog.... been in similar circumstances more times than I care to remember ....when that tyke goes to ground,you get down to it, that's the least we owe them little warriors 💯👍1036797868_DSC010752.jpg.402d7ad8ddade8b54934939de00928a6.jpg1195296556_BlackheartsDogs235.jpg.f98d312914b3b7b15be7caeaae505a2c.jpg

How long did this one take yous'e d c

10 minutes ago, dodger said:

Sorry to hear about the passing of passing of one of your dogs never gets easier to loose one especially a gudden n glad your sons ok.

How is your cocker bred do you like it..

What is the bitch like that boots has gone to..

My little Cocker is grand Dodge,yeah I like her mate,she's bred out of some good stuff,her parents worked on the moors & it's very easy to see that in her,she won't entertain thick cover but that's not a problem to me as there's nothing in the cover around these parts haha..she is the best natured dog I've ever seen in my life! She will get stuck into whatever the lurchers catch,teeth the lot,she's caught loads of rabbits when out on the moorland & or sieve type ground,like them all she's a brilliant retriever,loves water & is so easy to have around,she's a lovely little dog,her grandsire is Andy Platts dog Boots..she has 17 FTC in her pedigree so she's got plenty of decent blood in her Dodge..My dog Boots went over a broken coated bitch,she's got Saluki & Wheaton blood in her,she's a daughter of a dog called Demon of J Powell's.

• Like 1

Top pic is an old Tin mine,local.. bottom one was a rescue up in Staffordshire way..9 m down ,2/3 ft away from a railway track on a big bank...at the bottom we went 12/14 ft in  along the tube to reach a second dog..2 of us laying on our stomachs,holding ankles...and 3 lads ready to go like f**k it it went pair shaped, everytime a train was coming ,we had to get out the hole sharpish👍

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, FUJI said:

My little Cocker is grand Dodge,yeah I like her mate,she's bred out of some good stuff,her parents worked on the moors & it's very easy to see that in her,she won't entertain thick cover but that's not a problem to me as there's nothing in the cover around these parts haha..she is the best natured dog I've ever seen in my life! She will get stuck into whatever the lurchers catch,teeth the lot,she's caught loads of rabbits when out on the moorland & or sieve type ground,like them all she's a brilliant retriever,loves water & is so easy to have around,she's a lovely little dog,her grandsire is Andy Platts dog Boots..she has 17 FTC in her pedigree so she's got plenty of decent blood in her Dodge..My dog Boots went over a broken coated bitch,she's got Saluki & Wheaton blood in her,she's a daughter of a dog called Demon of J Powell's.

She looks like a couple of mine I just tried to post a couple of vids of them working but It said file to big so the vids must be to long 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dodger said:

She looks like a couple of mine I just tried to post a couple of vids of them working but It said file to big so the vids must be to long 

Mine was bred by a fella who lives in the Eden Valley near Penrith Dodge

• Like 1

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this topic,I really appreciate all your comments.. keep at it folks,catch you all again soon.

Rose..

1705006779711-01.jpeg

• Like 5

Those that read Darcy's last book may recall seeing a chapter titled the 'Beast of the Bowl'..well that is part of the bowl in this pic behind Boots just the other day,it's been a fantastic 'watering hole' for🦌for many year's..we have some great memories & some that I'd rather forget hunting up,on & around the bowl..have a tiptop day everyone,just away out with the mongrels now,watch how you all go 👍🏻

1705045833439-01.jpeg

• Like 2