Silent bushing dog.....

Scentchaser

My Parson dog is the most vocal, annoying dog when at home, I feel like killing him daily, lol. When he's hunting he never barks, just focuses on the prey. This is essential for tracking pigs but not so good flushing rabbits I think.

IMG_3169.JPG

Edited by Aussie Whip

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started my busher going from about 4 mo the old. He worked along side Newkids JRT. She was very good at her job. Top pic is my  3/8 5/8 spaniel terrier. Bottom is the misses JRT x Sprocker. She’s mo

Nevermind silent. You want a pack of screamers 😂 Atb Sambo

I think it depends on your terrain . I have a few woods and banking by me where my old russell in the avatar was almost like a human. He had a knack off bringing things full circle back to me. 

Posted Images

These are mother and son the springer is the mother she hunts like a beagle the son will only bay if he is close. I used to bush with terriers but changed to spaniels years ago. For me if you bring the spaniels up like terriers they hunt just as well but with much better obedience which I prefer these days lol

23568141-48F7-4EEF-90B0-0E06879054D4.jpeg

• Like 1

I would say spaniel that was one of the reasons i always used them for bushing that and they would not go to ground. Though i remember years ago the first springer i had that would smash cover and work like a demon on rabbits never making a murmer opening up the first time i took her bushing muntys down south with some mates from London she went berserk on the scent of them the first time she had ever come across them and one my lurcher nailed after she flushed it she grabbed on to it like a bullterrier some thing she never did when the lurchers caught rabbits or hares.

• Thanks 1