Silent bushing dog.....

Scentchaser

What are peoples thoughts on a silent busher? For places that a speaking busher would draw attention.....I'm after hearing off lads that have this type and what xs you got.?...I'm wanting something that doesn't speak that catches in cover..and stays relatively close....

Edited by Scentchaser
More description
  • Like 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started my busher going from about 4 mo the old. He worked along side Newkids JRT. She was very good at her job. Top pic is my  3/8 5/8 spaniel terrier. Bottom is the misses JRT x Sprocker. She’s mo

Nevermind silent. You want a pack of screamers 😂 Atb Sambo

I think it depends on your terrain . I have a few woods and banking by me where my old russell in the avatar was almost like a human. He had a knack off bringing things full circle back to me. 

Posted Images

I think it depends on your terrain .

I have a few woods and banking by me where my old russell in the avatar was almost like a human. He had a knack off bringing things full circle back to me. 

Would hunt independently and grab hold given the chance.

He was silent and would drop to ground so knowing terrain was always a plus.

He brought loads off great days.

What's your terrain when you say hunt close how close are you thinking?

What's your quarry that you'd like them to have a bash at.

Maybe see if someone on here lives close by that would take a walk give you an idea of what would suit your needs and in return maybe they'd take you with them.

Don't rush do some research . There's a few decent folk on here that will be able to assist I'm sure 

• Like 3

Bushing and silence don’t go hand in hand. That said you got the full on cry or yap yap which or though nice to hear can be pain depending where you are. When I younger we had a couple JR terriers they would only yap if they were right behind rabbit in tight cover. Apart from that pretty quiet. My jr was a ferreting dog too and if he marked in cover would stand by hole silently and if I shouted where are you would give one woof. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got 2 bushers here. Both spaniel x terrier. One will make a right racket once he’s behind something. The other is pretty much silent. She will give a slight yap when she’s right on something. 

maybe look at terrier x whippet if you are wanting something quick enough and you might have a chance of it being silent

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, terryd said:

Bushing and silence don’t go hand in hand. That said you got the full on cry or yap yap which or though nice to hear can be pain depending where you are. When I younger we had a couple JR terriers they would only yap if they were right behind rabbit in tight cover. Apart from that pretty quiet. My jr was a ferreting dog too and if he marked in cover would stand by hole silently and if I shouted where are you would give one woof. 

2 minutes ago, white van man said:

Got 2 bushers here. Both spaniel x terrier. One will make a right racket once he’s behind something. The other is pretty much silent. She will give a slight yap when she’s right on something. 

maybe look at terrier x whippet if you are wanting something quick enough and you might have a chance of it being silent

I'd like something that will smash cover,thick brambles ,rhododendron,bracken, I've had a beagle spaniel and I liked him just went too far and that's no good nr roads and a exciting as it was him speaking ,not ideal in some situations ....

23 minutes ago, terryd said:

I like the jrt, only things really that put me off is If it drops to ground and the size,would be sound on rat ,rabbit but a shot muntjac I don't know....

26 minutes ago, johnrussell84 said:

I think it depends on your terrain .

I have a few woods and banking by me where my old russell in the avatar was almost like a human. He had a knack off bringing things full circle back to me. 

Would hunt independently and grab hold given the chance.

He was silent and would drop to ground so knowing terrain was always a plus.

He brought loads off great days.

What's your terrain when you say hunt close how close are you thinking?

What's your quarry that you'd like them to have a bash at.

Maybe see if someone on here lives close by that would take a walk give you an idea of what would suit your needs and in return maybe they'd take you with them.

Don't rush do some research . There's a few decent folk on here that will be able to assist I'm sure 

Thanks for the reply John, mainly woodlands small but thick cover .Rabbits seem to run into cover of brambles to the next so wouldn't need it to range alot really,I'd like something that if it gets the opportunity to grab it .I come across all quarry from a pheasant to muntys which although I can shoot, sometimes has to be tracked so that is very important....

30 minutes ago, white van man said:

I ran a spaniel x terrier for a mate for a while . She had abit of leg. She was a great little dog,  flushed a good amount off roe , would mark a fox and crawl through cover to rabbit 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, johnrussell84 said:

I ran a spaniel x terrier for a mate for a while . She had abit of leg. She was a great little dog,  flushed a good amount off roe , would mark a fox and crawl through cover to rabbit 

These are the same mate. Hit any cover and touch wood, never gone to ground. Wouldn’t be without my bushing dog. 
The young bitch is really quick. If I didn’t know her breeding you would think there’s whippet and beagle in there too

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, white van man said:

These are the same mate. Hit any cover and touch wood, never gone to ground. Wouldn’t be without my bushing dog. 
The young bitch is really quick. If I didn’t know her breeding you would think there’s whippet and beagle in there too

Get a day out soon. Let me know when your snout will sort something. Fairly limited to Sundays at the minute but hopefully have a few days free over Christmas 

13 minutes ago, white van man said:

Excellent mate that's what u want, I ran my mates along side my old russell. They got to grips with a few bits in cover . Some roe in Rosie Dundrums got a good going at . They where fantastic fun 

26 minutes ago, white van man said:

Do you have any pics off yours??