Bluefin Tuna in Devon.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats some amazing footage there mate.. We see them alot now down here, 2 weeks ago we were out on the boat and one flashed at the surface only 300 yards off the shore, off Branscombe (near Sidmo

So was mine. They're feeding on gar. I've attached the pics he sent me but don't know where they'll show on this  Fingers crossed for him mate, seen footage of Teignmouth and its crashing over

Just watched this on TV,really nice footage.  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, mackem said:

Just watched this on TV,really nice footage.

Thats some amazing footage there mate..

We see them alot now down here, 2 weeks ago we were out on the boat and one flashed at the surface only 300 yards off the shore, off Branscombe (near Sidmouth, Beer etc)... few years ago we were sharking off Plymouth, I've never seen it like it that day, was like an Attenborough doc, hundreds of tuna and dolphins pushing the mackerel shoals around, breaking surface everywhere...an amazing site, would've loved to have been in the water watching it!

I see this as a great asset to our coasts, people will pay good money on a tag and release scheme, limit the amount landed for food to protect t these stocks and the sw coast could be a magnet for sport fishing... Ireland are already on it..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

They can be seen standing on the rocks at Start point almost daily lately. Not this week rough though as ass holes at the moment.

Pretty sure thats filmed just off Start Point on the tail end of the Skerries Banks. You can make out the tide of the Start Point Race.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
17 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

few years ago we were sharking off Plymouth, I've never seen it like it that day, was like an Attenborough doc, hundreds of tuna and dolphins 

Years ago I was staying in Spain,used to go out into the med on a boat a few times a week,used to see some interesting stuff,lots of sunfish once saw a turtle,whales once,went out one morning and saw hundreds of tuna breaking the surface,got right up to them,migrating into the med,incredible sight.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Arry said:

They can be seen standing on the rocks at Start point almost daily lately. Not this week rough though as ass holes at the moment.

Pretty sure thats filmed just off Start Point on the tail end of the Skerries Banks. You can make out the tide of the Start Point Race.

Cheers Arry

That was off start mate, a few lads have took really good footage and photos lately. Beesands is under water today though so it must be really rough

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

That was off start mate, a few lads have took really good footage and photos lately. Beesands is under water today though so it must be really rough

A mate showed me footage of them he was on the rocks down the Lighthouse.

Cheers Arry

50 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Brother lives in Exmouth, he's in the middle of a big build project on his house, full wrap scaffold around, temp roof over.. his roof is off and steel in on the weekend...shitting himself now though as he reckons there's lads down there surfing proper rollers, the wind is howling and its only a temp room and plastic keeping him dry! Rough couple of days now!!

14 minutes ago, Arry said:

A mate showed me footage of them he was on the rocks down the Lighthouse.

Cheers Arry

So was mine. They're feeding on gar. I've attached the pics he sent me but don't know where they'll show on this 

7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Brother lives in Exmouth, he's in the middle of a big build project on his house, full wrap scaffold around, temp roof over.. his roof is off and steel in on the weekend...shitting himself now though as he reckons there's lads down there surfing proper rollers, the wind is howling and its only a temp room and plastic keeping him dry! Rough couple of days now!!

Fingers crossed for him mate, seen footage of Teignmouth and its crashing over the wall and beesands is under water completely 

received_299012139655508.jpeg

received_340052358525131.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

So was mine. They're feeding on gar. I've attached the pics he sent me but don't know where they'll show on this 

Fingers crossed for him mate, seen footage of Teignmouth and its crashing over the wall and beesands is under water completely 

Cheers mate  I'm expecting a call later... emergency battening down services!! Lol

This was the view the other night when we stripped the roof out..

Screenshot_20231018-144704_Gallery.jpg.21a2366c50d5464dc87b40537d4e7b75.jpg

All this is gone now... just the scaffold above! 

Screenshot_20231018-144721_Gallery.jpg.68f1474cdfc261cc8954a76a20dc4204.jpg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

That top pic is fantastic.