Angler’s Mail

I’ve been having a bit of a clear out at home and came across these, I used to get this and Angling Times religiously every week, these are all from 2010 and have never been opened, there’s 16 issues, if any of you fisher folk would like them to have a flick through while sat on the pot let me know and I’ll send them to you instead of putting them in the recycling 

the dates are 

June 1st/8th/15th/29th

July 6th/13th

September 7th/14th/21st/28th

October 5th/12th

November 9th/16th/23rd/30th

IMG_8353.jpeg

• Like 5

Stav,if you still got them,Id like them for my 13 yr old lad,he is fishing mad,suffers with dyslexia,only thing hes interested in reading is fishing mags)books,we got him an E pen to help him out ....Im happy to pay the postage or make a donation to a charity of your choice 👍DSC_5022.JPG.39890ee5dd6f150427be346fc9417222.JPGDSC_4891.JPG.d94aa303afd677046080ea242e1e0255.JPG

• Like 14

Some good fish there mate, Taught both my lads to fish when they were young, Something that might get rekindled later in there lives, The same with shooting, Ferreting, Snaring, Dogs and anything else i have forgotten, 

2 minutes ago, paulus said:

Some good fish there mate, Taught both my lads to fish when they were young, Something that might get rekindled later in there lives, The same with shooting, Ferreting, Snaring, Dogs and anything else i have forgotten, 

Hes been out and about with me and the dogs since he could walk...but I dont want him to be a 'dog lad' truth be known...stick to his fishing and stay out of trouble is best these days😉👍1828024299_2016-06-2118_15_54.jpg.48779f6286e63394a0fb2b27c13b26ef.jpg

• Like 4
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Hes been out and about with me and the dogs since he could walk...but I dont want him to be a 'dog lad' truth be known...stick to his fishing and stay out of trouble is best these days😉👍1828024299_2016-06-2118_15_54.jpg.48779f6286e63394a0fb2b27c13b26ef.jpg

I don't think anybody will get the chance to be a dog lad, in the sense that we were, That time is in the past mate, People will disagree but its on its last legs.

29 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Stav,if you still got them,Id like them for my 13 yr old lad,he is fishing mad,suffers with dyslexia,only thing hes interested in reading is fishing mags)books,we got him an E pen to help him out ....Im happy to pay the postage or make a donation to a charity of your choice 👍DSC_5022.JPG.39890ee5dd6f150427be346fc9417222.JPGDSC_4891.JPG.d94aa303afd677046080ea242e1e0255.JPG

They are yours mate, just PM me your address and I’ll send them to you, no need to pay the postage I’ll just dip her purse 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Getting a young person to read fishing (or any other hobby) magazine is a great help in improving their reading, they often improve and they are unaware that they have improved as its been a pleasure rather than a chore.  My wife is a teacher and often says that reading hobby magazines is a great way to encourage youngsters to read. 

Tight Lines. Aled

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Aled said:

Getting a young person to read fishing (or any other hobby) magazine is a great help in improving their reading, they often improve and they are unaware that they have improved as its been a pleasure rather than a chore.  My wife is a teacher and often says that reading hobby magazines is a great way to encourage youngsters to read. 

Tight Lines. Aled

I really struggled with reading when I was a kid and one teacher took the time to help me and it was fishing magazines that we would read and as you say, reading something you have a real interest in really helps the development of your reading, I now love to read, still can’t spell for sh*t though 

• Like 2
On 04/10/2023 at 22:41, Stavross said:

I really struggled with reading when I was a kid and one teacher took the time to help me and it was fishing magazines that we would read and as you say, reading something you have a real interest in really helps the development of your reading, I now love to read, still can’t spell for sh*t though 

I was the same struggled to read as well. In my schooling you had to stand up in the class and read a paragraph I would read the same line twice and every body would laugh. Read a word one minute and couldn't read the same word a minute later. Get whacked by the teacher and laughed at was great for the confidence. Wasn't till I was trying to teach my youngest dyslexic son to read that I realised I was in fact dyslexic. Never stopped him and didn't stop me ran my own ground works business and later a maintenance manager. Still cant spell well mind.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 6

Quite a few of my fishing mates claim that reading Trout & Salmon magazine helped them pass their English GCSE....as an aside one of my other pals passed his resit Welsh language GCSE...he asked to borrow my Coursework file (i'd already passed so no longer needed it), he got a couple of A grades for writing pieces on angling...a bit of a coincidence becasue...so had I the previous year 😉

Cheers. Aled

• Haha 1