Right to privacy

I remember an American when I worked in the Middle East, deciding he was going to create a “chuff chart”; you know the sort of thing, a management “tree”, picture of the GM, then below that pictures of the manager, section managers, supervisors, etc.

Anyhow, this was back in the 70’s and photography was frowned on, many Arabs believing a photo stole your soul, so that idea went down like a cup of cold sick !

So if they insist on having your photo taken, just tell them you’re an Arab and it would offend your religion, put in a claim for discrimination and that should have them backing off pretty damn quick !!!

Cheers.

• Like 2

I did a pest control job in a Muslim girls school. On the board in reception there was a group of photos of the girls that got top GCSE results the previous year. There was half a dozen photos of these girls that had got all these A* grade's. Two of the girls had their photos taken dressed in full burkas. They had actually posed for a photo covered in black cloth, couldn't even see their faces. I'm fairly sure the full face veil means they are married, so they were married within a year of leaving school.....though I might be wrong about that bit

11 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I did a pest control job in a Muslim girls school. On the board in reception there was a group of photos of the girls that got top GCSE results the previous year. There was half a dozen photos of these girls that had got all these A* grade's. Two of the girls had their photos taken dressed in full burkas. They had actually posed for a photo covered in black cloth, couldn't even see their faces. I'm fairly sure the full face veil means they are married, so they were married within a year of leaving school.....though I might be wrong about that bit

Fukin sad state of affairs especially in a Christian country.