Golf courses

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a Bitza. Dam was, collie, whippet, bull, grey. Sire was 3/4 whippet, 1/4 beddy. 21 TTS. He will run all night and will have a go at everything. Very driven little dog. Just sired his first litt

My little one has always done well on the odd golf courses we been round. Rabbits do shift. Always been on the lamp tho. Bet they go like feck in the day. 

Can be abit of a rum do lamping golf courses 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, iworkwhippets said:

out in all weathers , i tel no lie, always on the move, no time to shiver

A case of the more you take them out the easier they adapt to the weather, rather than once a week ferreting would you say was fair to say

14 hours ago, Chaff said:

Lovely looking dog you have there care to share the breeding and height tts.

How many runs till he tired.

Just asking as looking for something similar 

Cheers

Bit of a Bitza. Dam was, collie, whippet, bull, grey. Sire was 3/4 whippet, 1/4 beddy. 21 TTS. He will run all night and will have a go at everything. Very driven little dog. Just sired his first litter of pups. He went to a collie bull hound. 

5C008EE0-E9CD-4A6F-9767-A3B082604AD2.png

• Like 5

Plenty of optimism here 😀. In my experience most dogs are humbled by rabbits on golf courses. Of 10 lurchers I've had, only one was a regular taker of rabbits on sports pitches in daylight and she was exceptional at picking up compared to the rest. One of my two current dogs is a whippet who is proven fast on the clock, he's not sussed it yet and usually carries too much speed into a potential catch opportunity. As ever, High winds, poor light and a careful approach help a lot

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

Plenty of optimism here 😀. In my experience most dogs are humbled by rabbits on golf courses. Of 10 lurchers I've had, only one was a regular taker of rabbits on sports pitches in daylight and she was exceptional at picking up compared to the rest. One of my two current dogs is a whippet who is proven fast on the clock, he's not sussed it yet and usually carries too much speed into a potential catch opportunity. As ever, High winds, poor light and a careful approach help a lot

Pulling them off the edge of the rough on the 18th is a good ploy

• Haha 1

I had at one time two high country golf courses that I delivered pest control 3 days per month each ,these days I work only the one.Last time I was there during the day one of the dogs flushed out a rabbit that was hiding under some pine branches ,just on the edge of one of the fair ways .Once on the move ,it flew across the fairway.It nearly made its home, in a bank of boulders  but was just picked up by the whippet x greyhound bitch out about 350 yards  in a catch that resulted in her loosing her footing at the strike ,and flipping over 3 or 4 times .The rabbit remained firmly held in her jaws.Given that she wasn't dog that jumped bunny, she had some ground to make up but shes a grafter and has been given a lot of rabbits to chase and catch,the opportunity to gain experience at the game, that is a card that can be played when it's needed .When she returned to me with the rabbit in hand I noticed a slight limp in one front leg that didn't grow into anything major.I was not only delighted about result but being able to view  the whole race was the cherry on top for me .

• Like 1