Fitness

Bangersanmash

2 hours ago, gnipper said:

You can get kc russels too now.

American kc changed the name to parson terrier after putting the smaller jack russel to a bigger terrier over in the states nipper. Jackie's are smaller but longer in the body then the parson has abit more about it in leg an body frame. To me you still can't beat the old type russel. My bitch I had was farm bred from generations from the chap who owns the farm today from his father's dogs and grandfathers dogs before him. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

5" to shoulder that cant be right what is it a hamster  😳

17 hours ago, gnipper said:

A parson would be about 12" + too I think someone needs a new tape measure 😄

The number 1, when it gets to 15 and 16 has been rubbed off his tape measure.  😄

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

The number 1, when it gets to 15 and 16 has been rubbed off his tape measure.  😄

Boys a clampit , some of the things he comes off with .. I can actually believe the 1 is missing on his tape measure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Parsons are a leggy type, bred to follow hounds and generally smooth/slape coated(white bodies, coloured mask and patch of colour by the tail)...the  rough/wire types are Russell/lakey ... anything under 9" a gypsy bred queen anne legged cull👍

We had  Fox warren dogs in the 90's ,they were white bodies with a tri colour or brindle head mask and same colour spots around the tail/arse end from memory 👍

DSC_1033.JPG.a167a6f9d242085a7be918c38293f397.JPG1518719994_DSC_20273.JPG.5e14b78bb7198da0062b6689079b3f3e.JPG

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chid said:

Boys a clampit , some of the things he comes off with .. I can actually believe the 1 is missing on his tape measure 

Lol.  To be fair, I enjoy some of his posts on the native finch threads, and he has some lovely goldfinches.  But to claim he had a Jack Russell the same size as one of his goldfinches does seem a tad incredulous.  🤔 😄

3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

or brindle head mask and same colour spots around the tail/arse end from memory 👍

DSC_1033.JPG.a167a6f9d242085a7be918c38293f397.JPG1518719994_DSC_20273.JPG.5e14b78bb7198da0062b6689079b3f3e.JPG

You being more knowledgeable than me about terriers, D c, would that brindle colouring possibly have come from bull terrier blood, or patterdales that had bull terrier blood in them?

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You being more knowledgeable than me about terriers, D c, would that brindle colouring possibly have come from bull terrier blood, or patterdales that had bull terrier blood in them?

More than likely mate... alsorts been added over the yrs ...planned matings and plenty of other shit that folks have kept quiet 😁

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

More than likely mate... alsorts been added over the yrs ...planned matings and plenty of other shit that folks have kept quiet 😁

Do you know that little back road, behind Robert price timber yard, D c, just below castell coch?

Going back about 45 years ago, my old man's mate, who lived in that little road, owned the father to my only terrier I owned from a pup, and he had brindle markings, and was probably the best physical specimen that I've personally seen of any terrier.

He was apparently well worked to ground, and was marked up, accordingly.

Bear in mind, I was 14, and my old man had no interest in working dogs!!  Lol

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Do you know that little back road, behind Robert price timber yard, D c, just below castell coch?

Going back about 45 years ago, my old man's mate, who lived in that little road, owned the father to my only terrier I owned from a pup, and he had brindle markings, and was probably the best physical specimen that I've personally seen of any terrier.

He was apparently well worked to ground, and was marked up, accordingly.

Bear in mind, I was 14, and my old man had no interest in working dogs!!  Lol

Ty Rhiw estate?.. plenty to dig around around there,back then,and today...if your brave enough mate👍

DSC_3956.JPG

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ty Rhiw estate?.. plenty to dig around around there,back then,and today...if your brave enough mate👍

DSC_3956.JPG

Forest Road, I just looked it up, D c, lol.

Anyway, yeah, me and a mate used to take a few rabbits from around the castle area, years ago lol 👍

18 hours ago, shaaark said:

Lol.  To be fair, I enjoy some of his posts on the native finch threads, and he has some lovely goldfinches.  But to claim he had a Jack Russell the same size as one of his goldfinches does seem a tad incredulous.  🤔 😄

Cheers for comment on goldfinches mate much appreciated. The little bitch that I had was around 5 inch to shoulder and her son was around 6 inch to shoulder. Well put together russels farm bred like a said generation bred on a farm in Barnsley area. That little bitch and her siblings all had that russel trait with the skip on back legs. Great little bitch she was like a said could run the warrens. Many times all I heard when out bushing with her was the sound of her yapping under ground marking up the Warren. As for child he's just one of these that brings up old shite boring hasn't owt decent to say. Sounds like a jealous person. Only one on most of my threads that comes out with bad fibes. But it doesn't bother me just puts a smile on my face. But like a said cheers for comments on the bird threads had a good season this year's bred 50 timbrado canaries most of them went which im glad needed the space. And I've bred 27 goldfinches but may lose a few through moult.