Chilling out, practicing with the springers.Early MK2 HW77 long .177 and the brand new, shiny HW95KL .177.

Lovely calm evening tonight lads so " chill out time " practicing with the above.

The new HW95 KL first.

Finding this to be a hard hitting, very accurate rifle lads, she's already taken a lot of vermin.

5p size groups all evening.

fullsizeoutput_105.jpeg.7bb0166b7b7a4ce6bc4a382278ee1f78.jpeg

Then the early MK2 HW77 Long .177 carrying the Sandwell stage 2 tune, another fine hunting rifle.

5p groups all evening with ease,- loved it, good practice, good chill out.

fullsizeoutput_104.jpeg.6b1e1150a1bfb58f2f37a142269978fc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_107.jpeg.1022a2ab7cdc3deb10266b32d0b70e96.jpeg

• Like 5

On 17/08/2023 at 21:42, bigmac 97kt said:

Ti's nice just to sit and chill away from all the shit of life that comes our way mark 

Even better with a rifle or two in our hands my friend 

How's life treating you my old friend 

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

Just back from a restful stay in hospital Jimmy, - pneumonia and an out of sync ` heart rhythm.

So my turn to take it easier too Jimmy - hope you are behaving yourself mate.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mark williams said:

Just back from a restful stay in hospital Jimmy, - pneumonia and an out of sync ` heart rhythm.

So my turn to take it easier too Jimmy - hope you are behaving yourself mate.

I am mark 

Don't like this retirement lark mind 

Lol

Atvbjimmy 👍👍👍

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philpot said:

I love retirement it's the lack of income I don't like.

Sorry to hear you have not been well Mark, I really hope you get back to being your old sarcastic self as soon as possible matey. 🙄 

Phil

Collecting and pinching scrap metal could never have made you lots of money Phil, unless you had kept with pinching lead off the church roofs.

Getting well ( I hope )Phil, thanks.

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

funy thing is i could shoot my .223 at 100m without any problems.only seems to happen with my springers.could shoot of a rest maybe 12-15 years ago with springers but now know matter what i try i can not.cheers for the pointers but it just does not seem to work.even tried just letting the gun rest on the bag and shoot like the bench rest shooters with your thumb on top and just the trigger finger in contact with the gun but no joy.even tried a glove but noy joy either.will have to practice more and ask some of the best bench rest shooters in the country how to overcome this.

I am a big fan of the HW77 I have two both the long version. I shoot mostly open sights as my Garden is only about 22 yards. However I did a few weeks ago treat myself to a Paul Short stage 3 tuned Long 77. Geof at LCD did the Ceracoting and modified the underlever to a Ball Bearing lock up. The loading Port has also been Jewelled. Oddly I find the Diopter just as accurate at 20 yards as the scope. The Diopter with no magnification continues to amaze me. All I can see at 22 yards is this.   

9A5D9138-0108-43EB-BB45-84928546F8A7.jpeg

CBADADA4-9EF4-4BC2-AFB5-CF5886545892.jpeg

3BBCD153-522A-416D-A05E-AB51550C524C.jpeg

80612303-C772-475D-AB36-F9785EC6C45B.jpeg

Edited by TelephonePete
On 03/09/2023 at 11:40, .357shooter said:

good groups,wish i could shoot of a rest.all i get is my scope jumps left to right with my heartbeat and there is nothing i can do to stop it.

Which springer and which rest? Or is it all springers. You must not try to restrain Springer recoil. It is consistent every time as long as you do not try to restrain it. Try shooting with just your trigger hand and tuck your other hand just under the tip of the butt. If you are touching the Forend in any way try doing it this way. This is how I shoot. Open sights at 20 yards. The jump of the Springer is not important as it is the same every time.  Try shooting off 10x mag.🙂

53045371-52D7-4F4C-A4A6-736E2FA4241D.jpeg

Edited by TelephonePete
nnn
  • Like 2

Very nice Pete, love the diopter sights. I used them on my old Air Arms 200T for bell target shooting and loved them but not so easy to set up in my humble opinion but I am sure that was just me being an idiot. Lovely guns as well, just sold my HW35 as I never used it but when I look at yours with the diopter sight, I wish I had gone that route and used it for target work.........................oh well, a good reason to keep an eye open for something else.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2023 at 09:16, TelephonePete said:

Which springer and which rest? Or is it all springers. You must not try to restrain Springer recoil. It is consistent every time as long as you do not try to restrain it. Try shooting with just your trigger hand and tuck your other hand just under the tip of the butt. If you are touching the Forend in any way try doing it this way. This is how I shoot. Open sights at 20 yards. The jump of the Springer is not important as it is the same every time.  Try shooting off 10x mag.🙂

53045371-52D7-4F4C-A4A6-736E2FA4241D.jpeg

cheers,i have tried everything and even the way you suggest but that is no good either.with my hw 95k today i managed some better groups with a gentle grip on the forend.my tx now though is starting to improve a lot now i have the big q tech i think silencer on it.just out of practice and i can now not shoot them for shit standing also.