18 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

And Green Dicks 

Anybody grow them? 

Dicky+Dark.jpg

I believe London produces the most dark dicks in the country and Sunderland fc supporters club  are the biggest growers of green dicks if that's helps 

• Haha 2

Lots of places on the Somerset levels harvest and sell willow for weaving, I made fence panels for the back garden years ago with hazel sticks weaved with willow, just get a ig lump of wood about 6ft long and drill a row of holes in it,stand the hazel sticks. In the holes and weave the willow between them quite quick and easy also did basket making in school 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jok said:

LPD. I bought maybe they were as we have a woven willow potted plant which was obviousy done using some of these. They are selling for fair bit of money. Jo,.

I'm planning on trying a few varieties in this woodland plot I've been working on, The suppliers are often sold out so there must be some demand 

19 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I'm planning on trying a few varieties in this woodland plot I've been working on, The suppliers are often sold out so there must be some demand 

The trunks are also valuable later on for cricket bats etc an artic full was felled and taken away from the Manor House next door last year 👍

• Like 1
17 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Been along to the local country show there, willow weavers said they would sort me some cuttings, got some tidy pieces they've been making 

IMG_20230813_135314_HDR.jpg

Don't plant it near any drains mate the roots will find their way in and block the drains.

Behind the beaches on many fishing villages you will find old willow groves that they used to make Crab pots. Beesands and Hallsands near me they can be seen.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1