.300 win mag

Was able to pop into my local pawn shop while going to another boat for a ride over and they had this little gal. Had the $$ but can figure out what I'd use the thing for 🤔 would be cool for target shooting but honestly they just eat too much powder 😑

IMG_20230810_145504673.jpg.bd943ecd958d0ca4017c6d28aa196b6e.jpgIMG_20230810_145519514.jpg.40ffd0b83d56da453fd710db15018c5e.jpgIMG_20230810_145529608.jpg.88a250e61600dc60a101141314bccac9.jpg

• Like 1

The best rifle I ever had. I bought from Alan Bray, Hinckley guns. He acquired it as an Elk rifle. Took red, sika and quite a few roe over the years. Never dreamed of using it on small game.  Sadly, as some of you may remember, Alan had a more than unpleasant happening at the shop where he was left in a bad way. As it was so long ago I don’t have any further knowledge. Paulus may know more. Jok.

• 1 month later...
On 11/08/2023 at 19:43, jok said:

The best rifle I ever had. I bought from Alan Bray, Hinckley guns. He acquired it as an Elk rifle. Took red, sika and quite a few roe over the years. Never dreamed of using it on small game.  Sadly, as some of you may remember, Alan had a more than unpleasant happening at the shop where he was left in a bad way. As it was so long ago I don’t have any further knowledge. Paulus may know more. Jok.

Some lads came into the shop, Tipped petrol on him and set him alight, One of them was a coppers son, Walked by that shop on my way home from school for 6 years, One of them shops you just had to either look in the window or step inside, He was always pleased to see you even though he knew you were not about to buy anything. My fist air rifle came from there, a second-hand Dianna 25 brought for my 12th birthday, I still have it. Purchased loads of other guns. Knives and accessories from there before the incident. 

12 minutes ago, paulus said:

Some lads came into the shop, Tipped petrol on him and set him alight, One of them was a coppers son, Walked by that shop on my way home from school for 6 years, One of them shops you just had to either look in the window or step inside, He was always pleased to see you even though he knew you were not about to buy anything. My fist air rifle came from there, a second-hand Dianna 25 brought for my 12th birthday, I still have it. Purchased loads of other guns. Knives and accessories from there before the incident. 

Goodness thats horrific! I'm assuming they stole all his stock ? 

56 minutes ago, jok said:

Yes Paulus. The fact was that the cnts were only after money. Guns and knives etc had no point in the appalling thing that they did. I don’t know if they ever came to justice. Jok.

They all got sent down for 14 years,  Michael Patrick, Darren Taylor and Andrew Walton. This was back in 1987. He was a renowned pistol shooter.

Alan Bray (19 June 1929 – 8 October 2016) was a British sports shooter. He competed in the 25 metre pistol event at the 1964 Summer Olympics.