Few from the garden

Been leaving a lot of the self seeders ( thistles, buttercups etc) to grow on in the back garden along with the planted Hazel, field maple, copper and green beech, variety of honeysuckles, summer flowering jasmine, and Gertrude Jekyll rose, partly through lack of time, and to generate wildlife habitat, place smells like a perfume factory, makes a nice change from the scent of the stoners I'm surrounded by  :hmm:

IMG_20230614_112640_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230614_112621_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230614_112700_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230614_112914_HDR.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Don't know what these roses are but they smell like proper roses, non of the new ones I've planted seem to have much scent 

PXL_20230607_183331166.jpg

Could be Gertrude Jekyll aswell mate, real old fashioned rose with the strong scent, Have a look at David Austin roses if you're looking for the real ones

• Like 1
2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Could be Gertrude Jekyll aswell mate, real old fashioned rose with the strong scent, Have a look at David Austin roses if you're looking for the real ones

I'd say your on the money with the Gertrude Jekyll 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Been leaving a lot of the self seeders ( thistles, buttercups etc) to grow on in the back garden along with the planted Hazel, field maple, copper and green beech, variety of honeysuckles, summer flowering jasmine, and Gertrude Jekyll rose, partly through lack of time, and to generate wildlife habitat, place smells like a perfume factory, makes a nice change from the scent of the stoners I'm surrounded by  :hmm:

IMG_20230614_112640_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230614_112621_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230614_112700_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230614_112914_HDR.jpg

Looks a bit gay

you know 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I haven't included the pics of the nettles, wanna see? :hmm:

Nettles are for puffs,have you ever been to the poison garden in Alnwick?Its on my must visit list.

4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Nettles are for puffs,have you ever been to the poison garden in Alnwick?Its on my must visit list.

You're right, I'm considering going out there and sockless crocking the pesky nettles into the middle of next week 

Get a load of these wallopers 

1 minute ago, low plains drifter said:

You're right, I'm considering going out there and sockless crocking the pesky nettles into the middle of next week 

Get a load of these wallopers 

Puffs,proper gadgies would run naked through a giant hogweed jungle.