• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I went out with a old mate and his Russel and young lurcher bitch doing a old disused railway we use to work 40 years ago as kids we got 3 rabbits it wasn't the rabbits took that made my day but

So true I think we all have good memories of them years. Small farms that were still worked with old boys tottering about who didnt care what you did or even if you asked as long as you did no harm. I

some more memories

Posted Images

As memories go i keep saying i might go for a wander on the moors in the peak district as i have great memories of days out up there on the blue hare's and one memorable when some of my mates came up from London for a day out up their and it was the only time it came on top with keeper's and the police. lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

As memories go i keep saying i might go for a wander on the moors in the peak district as i have great memories of days out up there on the blue hare's and one memorable when some of my mates came up from London for a day out up their and it was the only time it came on top with keeper's and the police. lol

I keep telling my self I’ll go for a run on it’s only an hour down from us I’ve run a few browns round there but not walked the tops. 

Edited by BobDown
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

great times that era ?. can't get near it now without plod being called. 

3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

great times that era ?. can't get near it now without plod being called. 

Last time i went up must be 15 years ago with the brother in law to give his female Harris hawk a few flights on them. I remember a few years back some one taking pictures of some lads with a few lurcher catching a few and posting it all over social media trying to find out who they were.

CRACKERS THEM AUSSI THATS WHAT ILE BE FINISHING OFF WITH IVE GOT A TERRIER HERE ALSO THE PARENTS AND WOULD LIKETO PUT A DECENT WHIPPET OVER HER IN THE  NEXT YEAR OR SO  SHE HASNT PUT A FOOT WRONG SAME AS HER  MOTHER BUT SHES ABOUT 12 YEAR OLD NOW STILL WORKS HER LITTLE ARSE OFF THOUGH

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

My two whippet/stags , full sisters from different litters. My best rabbit dogs ever, blue girl my best dog. Blue one died at 9 the black one at 2. I'll never get better ones.

20150910_113654.jpg

like the look of those 2?, three quarter cross? forgive my ignorance but what is a staghound? 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, fred90 said:

ike the look of those 2?, three quarter cross? forgive my ignorance but what is a staghound? 

Yeah fred 3/4 whippet. Oz stags are greyhound/ deerhound from the old days but most have other breeds added.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, tonyormy1 said:

CRACKERS THEM AUSSI THATS WHAT ILE BE FINISHING OFF WITH IVE GOT A TERRIER HERE ALSO THE PARENTS AND WOULD LIKETO PUT A DECENT WHIPPET OVER HER IN THE  NEXT YEAR OR SO  SHE HASNT PUT A FOOT WRONG SAME AS HER  MOTHER BUT SHES ABOUT 12 YEAR OLD NOW STILL WORKS HER LITTLE ARSE OFF THOUGH

When my blue dog died I lost a bit of my heart, I only pick around now with two terriers and a whip/grey but I'm getting old so that's ok. I might be a bit mad but I got her cremated and want my ashes scattered when I go with hers in the hills we hunted. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, tonyormy1 said:

IS YOURS A DOG OR A BITCH FRED IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING

it's a bitch mate. love the hunting style, everything is 90mph, like the keenness and commitment, but had a cut to the chest and leg been stapled, but it's part of it. 

Screenshot_20230312_113022_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it's a bitch mate. love the hunting style, everything is 90mph, like the keenness and commitment, but had a cut to the chest and leg been stapled, but it's part of it. 

Screenshot_20230312_113022_Gallery.jpg

LITTLE  CRACKER FRED VERY EASY TO LIVE WITH MATE LOVE TO WORK