Cockerels free to good home

I have four cockerels that id like to give away, they need to go somewhere for breeding or just as pets etc as my girlfriend hatched and raised them so shes very attached and doesnt want them culled. We already have five we're keeping for breeding and dont have the space to house them all safely so unfortunatly they have to go. I believe theyre mixed breed but im unsure of what breeds.

Im in the Doncaster area and collection is prefered as the cars in the 

20230419_171418.jpg

20230419_171422.jpg

If your keeping 5 to hatch more, especially mixed breed things, then you are going to have to get your head around killing the cocks mate. 

Find someone local who keeps ferrets and tell her they have gone to live on a farm.

Perhaps stop breeding rubbish. I really really don't mean to be offensive with that comment. Just buy her some pure bred birds , something really nice with a bit of value 

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 6

@DIDO.1 No offence taken mate,

I have no issues killing them but promised her i wouldnt with these as theyre hers. 

That would be an easy fix as we have a guy on my site with ferrets but i wont lie so not an option really.

I didnt breed the birds the eggs were given to us and tbf they may not be mixed i just dont know what they are and cant garuntee amy purity.

Of the 5 were keeping to breed we have a pure legbar, cemani and silkie, the others are crosses but will produce good size meat birds and good layers. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Jay9408 said:

I have no issues killing them but promised her i wouldnt with these as theyre hers. 

That would be an easy fix as we have a guy on my site with ferrets but i wont lie so not an option really.

I didnt breed the birds the eggs were given to us and tbf they may not be mixed i just dont know what they are and cant garuntee amy purity.

Of the 5 were keeping to breed we have a pure legbar, cemani and silkie, the others are crosses but will produce good size meat birds and good layers. 

Never heard of a camani, I've just googled em. ?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Never heard of a camani, I've just googled em. ?

Good looking birds, i dont think theyre the best for either eggs or meat but are nice to look at ?

41 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I'm looking for some nice pekin bantams. I can get eggs but don't want to hatch some as I'll end up in same position as you....wife and kids attached to a load of cockerels ?

Not a good position to be in! ??? problem is price for pols keeps going up! 

1 hour ago, Jay9408 said:

I had the same issue with some Silkie cockerels the mrs bred. Most annoying crowers. Unfortunately I forgot to lock them up one night ?and the foxes took the lot ?:yahoo:.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2023 at 08:40, DIDO.1 said:

I'm looking for some nice pekin bantams. I can get eggs but don't want to hatch some as I'll end up in same position as you....wife and kids attached to a load of cockerels ?

If you do ever want any eggs my daughter has 2 quads of pekings 

• Like 1