More Dorset pollution

Be interesting to see the outcome of this story ,deliberate poisoning? A malicious act by an individual or dodgy company dumping something? Not good all round ,especially as its affecting anything eating the fish ,let's hope someone pays the price 

6 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Be interesting to see the outcome of this story ,deliberate poisoning? A malicious act by an individual or dodgy company dumping something? Not good all round ,especially as its affecting anything eating the fish ,let's hope someone pays the price 

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/23469338.weymouth-lakes-show-no-evidence-deliberate-poisoning/#comments-anchor

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've witnessed a thriving lake obliterated of its fish stocks in less than 12hrs with a drop in dissolved oxygen, it can happen that quick. Funny enough I always thought eels could survive most pollution levels but they were the first to be hit. They actually all congregated in a writhing ball in the corner of the lake and just died very strange thing to witness. 

On the positive side the fish that survived have grown like mad now the biomass of the lake has levelled itself out, so nature always seems to sort itself out.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2023 at 00:30, Daniel cain said:

New excuse this one ...Mass fish deaths because of a thunderstorm ?

WWW.YORKPRESS.CO.UK

The Environment Agency has revealed why dead fish have been seen in the River Foss in York today (June 22).

River Don had the same the other week loads of fish struggle to breath or dead , believe the EA blamed thunderstorms aswell

• 2 months later...
On 23/06/2023 at 00:30, Daniel cain said:

New excuse this one ...Mass fish deaths because of a thunderstorm ?

WWW.YORKPRESS.CO.UK

The Environment Agency has revealed why dead fish have been seen in the River Foss in York today (June 22).

Reading this old thread danny and your comment made me laugh. Thunderstorms latest lol. No better time than a Thunderstorms to see the big old carp breach from the water. Many of time I've seen them on local lake. A pal of mine had some great images of them breaching.