Nice morning mooch

12 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Stinging nettles make them scratch the floor  like hell .Thorns can be a problem if they get under the skin. Rub the fur the wrong way and you’ll find them before they do harm .

Thanks for the knowledge. Just run blade over lakey few come to surface there. Couldn't feel them with the hands. That will be due to her jacket being thick though

Just now, Bangersanmash said:

Thanks for the knowledge. Just run blade over lakey few come to surface there. Couldn't feel them with the hands. That will be due to her jacket being thick though

Yes mate ,thicker the coat the more they go undetected .????

Went for a quick mooch this morning with the young lakey. She ended up lifting an hare in some deep densely wooded area. Am talking in the middle of the wood. She's pulling on lead so lets her off next min we're walking an it just bounced up terrier on the back end running through wood yapping like fcuk ? A shit myself way it jumped up. Just shows this area is known for shoots so the hares have started sitting tight in the woods. Then further up 4 roe deer mooching through. Which a was surprised due to there being alot of yuppie dog walkers round this area. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Went for a quick mooch this morning with the young lakey. She ended up lifting an hare in some deep densely wooded area. Am talking in the middle of the wood. She's pulling on lead so lets her off next min we're walking an it just bounced up terrier on the back end running through wood yapping like fcuk ? A shit myself way it jumped up. Just shows this area is known for shoots so the hares have started sitting tight in the woods. Then further up 4 roe deer mooching through. Which a was surprised due to there being alot of yuppie dog walkers round this area. 

lost count of the times I've been walking a wood ,on the way to dig something with the terriers...and almost stood on a Hare that's tucked up... before it's f****d off like an Exocet missile ?...I get startled a few times a season by them f***ing woodcock getting up from under your feet ?

16 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

lost count of the times I've been walking a wood ,on the way to dig something with the terriers...and almost stood on a Hare that's tucked up... before it's f****d off like an Exocet missile ?...I get startled a few times a season by them f***ing woodcock getting up from under your feet ?

Shocked me mate proper covered up with foliage leafy matter. First a thought it was a rabbit. It shocked me more because a was tailing the roe was hoping to get close see if a could get a decent head shot with catty on a young stag. Had 11mm steels so maybe would of taken one down if shot would of been right. 

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Shocked me mate proper covered up with foliage leafy matter. First a thought it was a rabbit. It shocked me more because a was tailing the roe was hoping to get close see if a could get a decent head shot with catty on a young stag. Had 11mm steels so maybe would have taken one down if shot would have been right. 

if not there would be a roe running round with 11mm steel in it ?

59 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Shocked me mate proper covered up with foliage leafy matter. First a thought it was a rabbit. It shocked me more because a was tailing the roe was hoping to get close see if a could get a decent head shot with catty on a young stag. Had 11mm steels so maybe would of taken one down if shot would of been right. 

Less power than a air rifle but taking a roe buck, f**k me your a whopper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just to point out that the hare wasn’t covered in leaves just jugging tight mate and you didn’t see it .They winter in woods out the wind and rain which we’ve returned to cutting short the mating activity out in the pastures  .

Not too sure about your catty on roe and it’s a buck mate ,roe buck not a stag .

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Just to point out that the hare wasn’t covered in leaves just jugging tight mate and you didn’t see it .They winter in woods out the wind and rain which we’ve returned to cutting short the mating activity out in the pastures  .

Not too sure about your catty on roe and it’s a buck mate ,roe buck not a stag .

Always pushing hare out of plantations and woods around here mate even heavy rains put them in cover, makes sense though to shelter 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Cheers for info mate ?. Some say it can't be done but I've some cladding here at home which I've been using as a back ground for target box an the 11m steels have been going straight through at 25 yards no bother. The cladding is 8mm thick so decent. Some say less power than an air riffle but totally diffrent ammo from a 1.77 or 22 pellet to an 11mm steel. Back in the day lead an steel were used long before bullets or pellets. Would like to see the reading from an old style gun fire against catty with decent bands on see the difference in power. Bands I've got on this simpleshot are just over 1mm decent pull back. I'm not much up on the catty game used to have a black widow an cobra as a youth lol. Back in day they were the thing 

37 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Neither wonder they are on about banning catapults on live quarry 

With the right shot it may be done I do believe that. You can't say that mate if your hunting to put food in the pot you’ll try owt . Can you imagine before guns came about and men just did what ever to put food on the table. They didn't think f**k that someone may think diffrent to this method lol. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Little mooch this morning with young terrier bit of one on one with her. I'm hoping to get her retrieving off the water when out shooting with catty. She's a quick learner and very obedient too. 

i really enjoyed that little clip mate, youve got a belter there, keep the pics coming , and thanks for sharing 

• Thanks 1