Another Hunt Gone

7 hours ago, riohog said:

its been going down hill for years   , mobile phones  and social media  fkd it  ,will nobs  posting there vids  and so on ,you just cant educate pork ...

Add to that the land banking by big companies, The amount of houses being built or a planned to be built is mind blowing, Just around my area there's plans to build around 10,000 that i know of, Most of the land here has already changed hands in the last couple of years and is just awaiting planning, 

53 minutes ago, paulus said:

Add to that the land banking by big companies, The amount of houses being built or a planned to be built is mind blowing, Just around my area there's plans to build around 10,000 that i know of, Most of the land here has already changed hands in the last couple of years and is just awaiting planning, 

There's 6 farms worth of land getting houses built on where I am, last of our greenbelt, it's depressing

• Like 1

Talking to my old mates lad recently and in Maltby nr Rotherham they have put compulsory purchase orders on allotments his that's been in his family since the 30s Hargreaves who own the old pit site want to put a road through them for the hundreds of houses being built on green belt. Sad as feck. 

1 hour ago, paulus said:

got some ground just across the road from me,I've hunted and exercised my dogs there for over 30 yrs,I've repopulated it many times with rabbits and bigger stuff to dig...last few seasons it's been crawling with plenty to go at,so much so,I'm not traveling miles into England to do what I enjoy anymore,it was  sold off 5 yrs ago for 650 homes,new school,shops,and also a  golf club apparently ...still no sign of them starting to build on it yet? otherside of the mountain there's a site that started 3 yrs back and will still be building in 15 yrs time....insane amount of ground lost....I can't complain because I'd be out of work,my main problem with it all is the amount of social housing included....you work your arse off to get a mortgage and some dirty cnut down the road can't speak a word of  Welsh/English ,just one for free?

22 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

got some ground just across the road from me,I've hunted and exercised my dogs there for over 30 yrs,I've repopulated it many times with rabbits and bigger stuff to dig...last few seasons it's been crawling with plenty to go at,so much so,I'm not traveling miles into England to do what I enjoy anymore,it was  sold off 5 yrs ago for 650 homes,new school,shops,and also a  golf club apparently ...still no sign of them starting to build on it yet? otherside of the mountain there's a site that started 3 yrs back and will still be building in 15 yrs time....insane amount of ground lost....I can't complain because I'd be out of work,my main problem with it all is the amount of social housing included....you work your arse off to get a mortgage and some dirty cnut down the road can't speak a word of  Welsh/English ,just one for free?

Years ago I was on a price to do  the groundwork’s for a new build few miles away from our yard .Nice and local and the boys were flying through it .It came to light the plot had been bought by a non native gentleman of camel riding decendancy .

Between you and me Sean I may of buried 4 lots of gralloch under the oversite before concreting commenced .

The lads still mention it now .I often wonder if it permeated  through or not .

Theres a road going through prime farm land near me with a Feckin solar farm and 1500 houses planned .If I find out just one has been bought by a raghead I’ll …….I will I promise .

Edited to say that when the brickies found out who was buying it they made a right pigs ear of it .The usual thing to do is to mix packs of bricks so there are no sections of same type and colour in multi colour bricks ..The corners are were  built from the same pallets so there’s triangles of red then in filled with multi’s then red corner and so on .I’ll take a pic next time I’m that way .

Clerk of the works wernt happy but it’s still there lol.

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I read a release from the ONS the other week, Between 2010 and 2020 legal immigration was 2.5 million if you add illegal immigration to that then the figure its about 3.2 million. In the UK roughly 160.000 new houses are built per year. 160,000 less per year than the level of immigration, 

Is this really sustainable on an island the size of the UK? 

1 hour ago, paulus said:

I read a release from the ONS the other week, Between 2010 and 2020 legal immigration was 2.5 million if you add illegal immigration to that then the figure its about 3.2 million. In the UK roughly 160.000 new houses are built per year. 160,000 less per year than the level of immigration, 

Is this really sustainable on an island the size of the UK? 

This island will be one big city, we'll have nothing but hill country to get away from houses, it's enough to make you want to emigrate

9 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

This island will be one big city, we'll have nothing but hill country to get away from houses, it's enough to make you want to emigrate

*If you're goiiiing to saaan fraaanciscooo, be sure to weeear some flowers in your haaaair*  ?