Quad recommendations

By f**k I am chesney?? ah no to be fair having used one a little this year with hounds they’re a great job to get in and out quickly beside lugging tools and dogs in maybe three or four fields on my own a lot of the time. Easy keep in with them too besides getting stuck in lane ways by followers and having to wait for some to turn or reverse out and bolloxing. I’ll be using it for other stuff too other than hunting so might aswell get a decent one as a bad one

• Like 1
9 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

By f**k I am chesney?? ah no to be fair having used one a little this year with hounds they’re a great job to get in and out quickly beside lugging tools and dogs in maybe three or four fields on my own a lot of the time. Easy keep in with them too besides getting stuck in lane ways by followers and having to wait for some to turn or reverse out and bolloxing. I’ll be using it for other stuff too other than hunting so might aswell get a decent one as a bad one

Depends how rough you are on them. Who’s the closest dealer. Second hand or new? 

New or a fairly fresh second hand. I like the idea of the independent suspension on back of the Yamaha’s have been on both and it’s not as tough over rough ground, a lot of the Honda don’t have it I think?? Heard Honda auto boxs troublesome too, would prefer auto I reckon 

Edited by sionnach99
10 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

New or a fairly fresh second hand. I like the idea of the independent suspension on back of the Yamaha’s have been on both and it’s not as tough over rough ground, a lot of the Honda don’t have it I think?? Heard Honda auto boxs troublesome too, would prefer auto I reckon 

Honda do an irs. Got an auto 420 Honda at work been good few year old now. We had a Yamaha found it drank a lot of petrol. See a lot are using can-am now awaydays. I was looking at new quad for next season but waiting to see what bhsa say about quads on hunt days first. 

2 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:
47 minutes ago, top terrierman said:

Hi theirs a honda 50 for sale in Ballyforan.It has a tractor tyre on the front would be a great job

Is the back wheel made from stone or what way is it looking??‍♂️?

I’ve had couple of hondas and they’ve been faultless, the front racks have had to be welded with the weight of boxes on the front. I’d avoid a can am they fall to bits, take a look at what farmers use 9 times out of 10 it’s a Honda and they live on them and give them a rough life.

10 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

I’ve had couple of hondas and they’ve been faultless, the front racks have had to be welded with the weight of boxes on the front. I’d avoid a can am they fall to bits, take a look at what farmers use 9 times out of 10 it’s a Honda and they live on them and give them a rough life.

Thanks for reply, true I see most farmers using the hondas , they can’t be a bad yoke

18 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

You won't beat a grizzly the racks are rated to carry more weight than any of the others.

The Honda couldn't hack it on our rough ground and the frames always snap. 

What’s difference between grizzly and Kodiak do you know ?