New hunting law in Sweden

Are going for parlament vote in july:

Shotgun slugs are going to be allowed for roedeer-Not so useful but the only game allowed with slugs are wildboar and fallow deer and its strange to reload to birdshots if you see a roe.

Lighter wieght bullets for biggame if they are cupper/guilding metal making the 6,5 legal with cupper.

Allowing folding stocks on rifles- I did not know it were illegal but the police made their own rules for firearm licenses.

Allowing .22lr. .17hmr for ducks- now its 22wmr as the smallest legal cartridge.

Allowing "military looking" semiauto rifles for hunting, max mag size are still 5 cartridges.

• Like 1

Some of the changes are from members of the Swedish hunters occociations request.

Yes a folding stock are useful on skiis I have bought a single shot rifle 84cm long in total, others have bought a folding stock for their Tikkas. Rifles are not allowed on a Ski-Doo directly they have to be packed in to a sled behind it.

Edited by KimE
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alsone said:

Yeah they're calling for blood over here atm following the Plymouth shooting.

Yeah and it should be the police who take it on the chin, like they should of over Dunblane.

They had in both cases all the Intel they needed to revoke licenses.

Now we pay 

4 hours ago, Deker said:

That looks like things are opening up!!!

Unheard of hear.  Every time the law changes in this country it simply gets tighter!

Its a struggle every time someone want to change the law we have to fight to limit the negative impact. I heard a city lady on the radio yesterday complaining about the very limited lynx and wolf hunts happening this winter. I hope they dont use the new hunting law to prepare for restriction on use of lead in rifle bullets.

6 hours ago, Alsone said:

Yeah they're calling for blood over here atm following the Plymouth shooting.

Have you seen the home office report into the Plymouth shooting, they have called for a full overhaul of firearms licensing, one of the recommendations is to do away with SGC’s and put them as a section 1, as far as I can work out this wouldn’t affect anyone from owning a shotgun but if it was to be under a section 1 could you go and get a 10 shot semi? these people don’t have a clue what they are doing 

35 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

All the requisites are there.

They have never had it easier in sifting out nutters but if they don't bother checking or put differently, doing their job how will further restrictions work?

Eejits.

100%, but unfortunately we have had this debate many times.  Even Lord Cullens report after Dunblane said he considered banning pistols would serve no useful purpose, but the Government cowered to the Red Tops pressure and did, simply to make the uneducated Public think they were doing something!!!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 4

Semi autos like AR-15 are nice but honestly don't think they give any real edge in 80% of hunting scenarios since your still just taking one shot if you know what your doing. Love being able to swap calibers and easily adjust mine to fit me without a gunsmith but other then that....egh.

Are collapsible stocks like mine illegal? Or just folding ?

Legally this is a pistol btw but thai brace does collapse in 4 or 5 positions

IMG_20230116_121547604_HDR.jpg

Edited by Wolfdog91

We have minimum barrel lengths and minimum overall lengths here, to stop a rifle being a pistol (well, the governments definition of a pistol).

In principle, collapsible/adjustable stocks are fine, just so long as they don't make the rifle into a pistol!!!!!!!!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Deker said:

We have minimum barrel lengths and minimum overall lengths here, to stop a rifle being a pistol (well, the governments definition of a pistol).

In principle, collapsible/adjustable stocks are fine, just so long as they don't make the rifle into a pistol!!!!!!!!

Ok so basically like us . Because that gun is actually registered as pistol due to the 10.5" barrel.

Technically you can't have a stock on them ( that's a brace on mine in the picture) but I mean... Idk the whole SBR thing is stupid as hell imo

• Like 1