Cool moon

For any interested star gazer s there is quite a good moon out though it’s going down quick but it’s a crescent moon though you can see the whole of the moon ( wait for it ) and there are two bright stars one above it and one below it these are Jupiter and Venus, enjoy ??

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

For any interested star gazer s there is quite a good moon out though it’s going down quick but it’s a crescent moon though you can see the whole of the moon ( wait for it ) and there are two bright stars one above it and one below it these are Jupiter and Venus, enjoy ??

Noticed this earlier. Did catch my eye with the stars either side of it. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Think they're planet's, Jupiter and Venus might be wrong tho

Daughter has an app on her phone that you just point at the star in question and it gives you the name, she had a blow out on the motorway last evening and when went to rescue her I mentioned the moon and stars she told me what they were then confirmed it with the app, also just checked google and now I rest my case m lord  ?

0CDFA4CD-A560-4946-B8BD-94AA16FA5DBA.png

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Daughter has an app on her phone that you just point at the star in question and it gives you the name, she had a blow out on the motorway last evening and when went to rescue her I mentioned the moon and stars she told me what they were then confirmed it with the app, also just checked google and now I rest my case m lord  ?

0CDFA4CD-A560-4946-B8BD-94AA16FA5DBA.png

It is a good app Called Sky View on mine.

Talking of Daughter having a blow out another goos app for finding a location or if your broken down and not knowing where you are is "What Three Words". Good for saving a location as well.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Arry said:

Talking of Daughter having a blow out another goos app for finding a location or if your broken down and not knowing where you are is "What Three Words". Good for saving a location as well.

Cheers Arry

I,m told constantly that I should get that due to the amount of time I spend out doors in remote often private places alone, but I don’t fancy fitting myself with a gps tracker everywhere I go, but do think it’s a really good thing for a lot of people ??

I went out one evening end of last summer -middle of nowhere to watch a moonrise (sad i know lol) There were people everywhere chairs binos etc hard to find a spot to park!  Couldn't believe how popular it was.

moon 1.JPG

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

I use What3words on my work phone, it's the bollocks, breaks the country down to 3 metre squares, far better than postcodes in remote places

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

One month ago I noticed the same. Something very striking about it isn't there.

Look through a half decent pair of binoculars and you'll see three or four of Jupiter's Galilean moons.

My Mrs into this astronomy stuff now she's after getting a fckn telescope 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

I use What3words on my work phone, it's the bollocks, breaks the country down to 3 metre squares, far better than postcodes in remote places

Find it useful to record a find metal detecting.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1