HMR bunnies

Had another look out yesterday night with the HMR , really loving shooting it at present.

Not the best night , weather was very still , no wind at all and temperature dropped to -1 making the ground frosty , hence not many rabbits out.

Shooting really well now Stav , shot 21 rabbits for 22 shots.

DSC00372.JPG

• Like 7

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had another look out yesterday night with the HMR , really loving shooting it at present. Not the best night , weather was very still , no wind at all and temperature dropped to -1 making the gro

You won’t go wrong with CZ 457 or tikka T1X

Just as well use the .22 subs at 50 mate surely .Quieter ,cheaper and same result .Mate has his 17 zeroed at 100 and pushes that out to 150 ,seen it .

Posted Images

I knew you’d get to like it, I’ve always liked them but a lot of my shooting mates all said they were sh*t when I got one, now most, if not all have one now, when we cleaned it and took it for zero we thought the group would get a bit tighter after a few more rounds through it and 21 for 22 says to me it’s shooting spot on 

good bag ?

30 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I knew you’d get to like it, I’ve always liked them but a lot of my shooting mates all said they were sh*t when I got one, now most, if not all have one now, when we cleaned it and took it for zero we thought the group would get a bit tighter after a few more rounds through it and 21 for 22 says to me it’s shooting spot on 

good bag ?

I've got my confidence back in it now ? I was taking bunnies comfortably at 70 - 90 yds.

The one I missed was the longest shot trying to stretch it but I never gave any holdover.

Looking forward to another session with it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

good bag ?

I've gone opposite- I've had 2 hmr's now & sold both. Can't see me getting another, think I was expecting too much from it.

2 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I've gone opposite- I've had 2 hmr's now & sold both. Can't see me getting another, think I was expecting too much from it.

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I've got my confidence back in it now ? I was taking bunnies comfortably at 70 - 90 yds.

The one I missed was the longest shot trying to stretch it but I never gave any holdover.

Looking forward to another session with it.

I think they are the perfect tool for small pest control be it rabbits or crows

ive just come up to the sheep farm as lambs are out, left home, nice and clear, got here pea soup, nightmare, seen a fox straight away through the thermal, not a chance of seeing it through the scope, so back home for me 

• Sad 1
Just now, Stavross said:

I think they are the perfect tool for small pest control be it rabbits or crows

ive just come up to the sheep farm as lambs are out, left home, nice and clear, got here pea soup, nightmare, seen a fox straight away through the thermal, not a chance of seeing it through the scope, so back home for me 

That's a bummer mate. 

31 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's a bummer mate. 

Just got back home now and it’s completely clear, I spoke to the farmer before I left and he said “ I didn’t think you’d see much in this “ he could of told me when I text him to say I was coming up, I’ll ring him on Thursday before I set off, he said to me as I was leaving “ you might as well go and give Sarah a hand in the sheds seen as you are here”, no ta John, I’ll head off home, might see you on Thursday ??

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

they are the perfect tool for small pest control be it rabbits or crows

It's crows i got them for but not enough grunt to regular drop them at 170yds off bike. I'm tempted by hornet in 17 for the job

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

It's crows i got them for but not enough grunt to regular drop them at 170yds off bike. I'm tempted by hornet in 17 for the job

At that distance I’d use the centrefire 

I’ve never had a hornet, shot a couple only on rabbits and they don’t half wack’em

4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

At that distance I’d use the centrefire 

I’ve never had a hornet, shot a couple only on rabbits and they don’t half wack’em

Years ago when I was a young beat keeper Stav the .22 hornet was the estate rifle .Wooden stock and rusty barrel ,Tasco  sight but it shot well .Foxes and other vermin in the hundreds to that gun .When  deer were on the menu it was either that or the big gun ,a 222 ??

• Like 1