Scope problem

Hi everyone, so iv got a hawke vantage scope on my rapid 7 I was out Friday night and my pal dropped my gun from waist height and it landed scope first and took all the impact sight was obviously way off after around 3ft out I had try at setting them again and my L&R turret has ended up being fully to left and still around 12inches out is there any way I’d like re centralising them or are they just to be thrown away? 

iv borrowed a scope to try to see if it was the gun and they zeroed straight in no problems 

kind regards 

I would speak to Hawke as they are superb to deal with and their scopes have a lifetime warranty and although your pal dropped it, they may help you out. To be very honest, if I had done that, I would replace the scope for my pal so present him with the bill for a new one if all else fails although a true friend would offer to cover the cost of replacement anyway.

Phil

• Like 1

This may be down to the scppe mounts being knocked off line.  It doesn't need much to do this.  A couple of mill at the mount could be feet out at - 30 yds.  I would CAREFULLY re center the turrets by gently winding them in each direction to find the central position so that you have equal adjustment both ways.  Put the scope and mounts back on the gun.  Put the gun on a solid mount / table / workmate or something and bore sight onto a large target board.   Shoot a 3 round group.  IF the group is not where the cross hairs are then move /adjust /pack the bases to move the scope onto target.  Then when somewhere near on target use the turrets to fine adjust on to zero.  Sounds complicated but isn't.  IF the zero keeps shifting then either the guts of the scope have a problem or the mounts aren't tight.  Have fun.  Ps.  You pack the opposite way to the fall of shot.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to walk through the patio doors and they were closed, couldn't see that as we have a beaded curtain thing hanging infront of them. Any way, I was carrying my AA S410 and the silencer hit the glass first sending a shock up the rifle, wonder the glass didn't break, and the scope was then way out, only had it a couple of months. Tried everything and couldn't get no joy. Rang Hawke and told them what had happened, didn't bullshit them, they said send it to them and they replaced it. This was 10 years ago and I still have that scope still on my S410 and it STILL works perfect.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Metalman2 said:

When my Hawke rangefinder was dropped, my mate couldn’t catch a cold, I was upfront about dropping it but Hawke would only give me 10% off a new one as a goodwill gesture 

Not bad then as it was dropped 

• 2 weeks later...