Man City charged by EPL.

Man City have been charged by the EPL of over 100 offences concerning Financial Fair Play.

I bet Chelsea’s lawyers and financial people are in a panic as to how to explain spending half a billion pounds on players this season and staying within the rules !

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just been having a conversation regarding these figures. In our day, when you mentioned a million it was like a dream. Now, in every waking breath, they are talking billions and trillions. We are on the brink in every sector so where does all this come from? The country is on its knees yet we hear of staggering amounts being paid, for what, a football game. Incomprehensible. Jok.

• Like 2

A million would be nice, but to be honest, if a young couple win a million, they could buy a nice house, a decent motor, have a holiday, but couldn’t retire on what was left ! They’d still have to have an income.

Bit different for us old ‘uns who probably have a mortgage free house, etc. I could manage on a million ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 1

My instinct is they will get away with it Charts. They have in the past. Money will smooth them an oily excuse from punishment.

I know I'm a cynical old git but I am increasingly pissed off with the beautiful game.

We had the farcical World Cup obviously bought by Quatar, and now,  'Sir' Jim Ratcliffe  is favourite to buy my club Man U.

This is a guy that allegedly funded his favourite skiing club with £ 16 million from his own charity ( which enjoys favourable tax breaks) in order to allow underprivileged kids the chance to learn how to ski. Turns out you need €25000 per year to join the club and €6 grand a year membership fee. Not many poor kids can afford that.lol

He is also not exactly an enlightened employer.Allegedly. 

I guess Man U will get the Glazers mark 2 whoever buys the club. Most of my old mates have now deserted their birthright club and watch  either Salford City or Newton Heath.

Big gate football is now strictly business. 

Edited by jukel123

Charts. I totally agree. As already said, my mate and work colleague, won the big one. He bought a house, new Range Rover and started a new life. He had given everything to his Ex so basically was starting afresh. Had a beer with him the other day and to be fair no one would have a clue as to his good fortune because he is that kind of guy . Had me , again, buying his beer ffs. Point of this is that the million covered his life but not his life style. He still works but maybe not quite so much. Jok.

23 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

So now lets see how strong the Fa's stance is on relevant issues within the sport like cheating ...... rather than insignificant woke nonsense outside the sport like taking the knee !

Don't hold your breath mate. I reckon a few points deduction and a meaningless fine is all they will get.