I had forgotten just how bad …..

10 minutes ago, dodger said:

I tried countless kibbles over the years from orijen down to 10 pound a bag stuff and done the all raw diet but after all that time mate iv found old school wholemeal bread meat n some veg better than the lot?

id agree mate  for me i think a dog fed leftovers broths rabbit hare threw the season 

• Like 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always feed good quality dry. Tried raw, too much hassle, especially in summer. My dogs have been healthy and long lived. Just put a bitch down at  nearly fifteen. If you change from raw to dry

Reminds me of our old cocker getting in the green food bin once. He just kept eating by time we spotted him he was as wide as he was long. Greedy git. That got messy 

You cannot let them go back and forward to the sack as and when they want  I remember a lads big deerhound thing filling it's boots after he had got his head in the sack of dry, had the shed and

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id agree mate  for me i think a dog fed leftovers broths rabbit hare threw the season 

Think it's a good way to get plenty of water in them plus doesn't dry them out like kibble..

Hares are great after hard work all that iron

• Like 1

I was using Skinners or Harringtons Lamb and rice with chicken wings oily fish etc, but started using £14.50 a sack stuff from the farm shop, the dogs wouldn't eat the Skinners when given the choice of the two, still get the meat and fish, but I'm not wasting money on expensive dry food if it's just oily cereal in the sack

2022-06-15.jpg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I was using Skinners or Harringtons Lamb and rice with chicken wings oily fish etc, but started using £14.50 a sack stuff from the farm shop, the dogs wouldn't eat the Skinners when given the choice of the two, still get the meat and fish, but I'm not wasting money on expensive dry food if it's just oily cereal in the sack

2022-06-15.jpg

I know loads of dogs that have nothing but 9 quid a sack kibble especially beating dogs n they look fine and work hard 3 times a week so feck knows mate

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, dodger said:

I know loads of dogs that have nothing but 9 quid a sack kibble especially beating dogs n they look fine and work hard 3 times a week so feck knows mate

Aye there's lads at the farm who just use the cheapest of dry foods for the gundogs, the old boy cannot believe people pay £30 plus for sacks of dry 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Aye there's lads at the farm who just use the cheapest of dry foods for the gundogs, the old boy cannot believe people pay £30 plus for sacks of dry 

Lurcher lads don't seem to like dr johns but loads of gundogs seem to thrive off it?

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you couldn’t work a running dog hard on the cheap kibble mate be on bone  shit skin cow pats all over 

You cannot let them go back and forward to the sack as and when they want 

I remember a lads big deerhound thing filling it's boots after he had got his head in the sack of dry, had the shed and back yard rotten like a fermenting road kill badger had exploded lol

• Haha 3
19 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you couldn’t work a running dog hard on the cheap kibble mate be on bone  shit skin cow pats all over 

I agree mate but some of them beating dogs are at some real graft yet seem to hold condition 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

You cannot let them go back and forward to the sack as and when they want 

I remember a lads big deerhound thing filling it's boots after he had got his head in the sack of dry, had the shed and back yard rotten like a fermenting road kill badger had exploded lol

Reminds me of our old cocker getting in the green food bin once. He just kept eating by time we spotted him he was as wide as he was long. Greedy git. That got messy 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2