Half micro hob

Would a half micro hob be able to take my Jill’s out of season, he looks smaller than my Jill’s so I would think not but just wondering am I better off getting a big one to take them out wouldn’t mind a half micro but only allowed one more so I couldn’t get both , cheers 

I think the real small ones would struggle I used a large end micro 500g he covered a few standards last year no problem 

half micros are just like a small standards shouldn’t be a problem at all

I bred some half micros last year cracking ferrets out performed my standards easily.

• Like 1
On 02/02/2023 at 19:01, Ethan gunn said:

Would a half micro hob be able to take my Jill’s out of season, he looks smaller than my Jill’s so I would think not but just wondering am I better off getting a big one to take them out wouldn’t mind a half micro but only allowed one more so I couldn’t get both , cheers 

If you looking to take Jill's out of season without having lots of kits on your hands I'd look to get vet give them Jill jab or get your hob the snip.

You say you can only have one more ferret so what happens if your Jill's have kits and you not able to sell or gift them out ,you might end up with few never mind one so my advice is get Jill jab done if you not got a sniped hob .

I have been looking into getting a hob snipped for the last few weeks, Most vets I've tried don't do it (only castration) and I've been quoted between £300 and £400 for the op and another £150 to check he's firing blanks. The implants I've been quoted are £120 for the annual size and £220 for one which can last up to 3 years but basically seem no good to use on a hob for bringing a jill out of season as it is in effect chemical castration. Does anyone know a vet who does vasectomies on hobs, and if so could you post it here (south Wales preferably). Ta.

1 hour ago, hambone said:

I have been looking into getting a hob snipped for the last few weeks, Most vets I've tried don't do it (only castration) and I've been quoted between £300 and £400 for the op and another £150 to check he's firing blanks. The implants I've been quoted are £120 for the annual size and £220 for one which can last up to 3 years but basically seem no good to use on a hob for bringing a jill out of season as it is in effect chemical castration. Does anyone know a vet who does vasectomies on hobs, and if so could you post it here (south Wales preferably). Ta.

WWW.CAERPHILLYVETS.COM

In the heart of the town, Caerphilly has been providing small animal care for over 20 years. We are an RCVS...

give these a ring?

• Like 1